Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Birthday Card Coaster Photo Book

I seem to be making a lot of these cute little coaster photo books lately! This one is for a co-worker's wife that will be from their children and has pictures of the children inside.


I used Cosmo Crickets Happy Camper designer paper throughout the book. The coasters are medium weight and I used silver 5/8" wire to bind it with my Bind It All. I love that you can buy different colors of wire for these books. I've seen white, black, red and silver so far.

I gathered sentiment stamps from all around my stamping room for my pages - trying to find just the right thing for each page. That's what took the longest time in creating this! The cover stamps are from The Women of Life set by Papertrey Ink and I used my rectangle nestability as well as the fern and dove punches - both by Martha Stewart.
This is Noa on the left, doing a nearly perfect split! She's a 6 year old ballerina and 10 year old Roee on the right - who is actually a competitive swimmer - but we see him climbing on things in this book! The Absolutely Fabulous sentiment is PTI Mixed Messages and the U R the Best is Gina K Designs - Text Messages.Let's Hang Out is from the Little T's set by Gina K Designs and A Very Special Delivery is from the Faux Ribbon Set by PTI.



For the final note on the back which I just used a small corner of and sponged and distressed the edges - is the Lined Paper background stamp by Cornish Heritage Farms and the words and date are stamped using Karen Foster Snap Stamps (which I believe have been discontinued so I'm so glad I have mine!) I told my co-worker to have his kids sign their names here.

He was gratifyingly thrilled with this little keepsake I created for his wife! and that makes all the effort put into creating it worth it for us stampers - right??!!!

You can see all the other coaster books I've made by looking in the Index in the right column of my blog.

I appreciate your coming by today!

Paper: Medium Coasters, DP: Cosmo Cricket - Mr. Campy, Ruby Red, Certainly Celery, mellow Moss, sage shadow, close to cocoa: SU

Ink: Wild Wasabi, So Saffron: SU, onyx black versafine

Supplies: distresser, sponge, corner rounder, dew drops, bind it all, nestability rectangle, dove punch & fern punch: Martha Stewart

7 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Julia this is fantastic. Your co-worker should be more than thrilled! You did a beautiful job putting this together. I really wonder sometimes if non- cardmakers and non-scrapbookers realized how much time, effort, love (and sometimes frustration) goes into a project such as yours.

~amy~ said...

Wow! I {heart} it Julia!!!! What a fabulous gift!

Shirley said...

What a great book and so attractive to keep precious memories too!

dpkennedy said...

Oh this is adorable! What a great gift they are giving to their mom...she's gonna love it! Great job Julia!

Jami said...

WOW!!! I love every little thing about this - the papers and sentiments are all so wonderful! What an amazing gift for your co-worker's wife! She will LOVE it!!
hugs, Jami

Theresa Momber said...

Wow! This is fantastic! I love all the wonderful detail. What a great gift!

Anonymous said...

These do make fabulous gifts!! :) I love this idea!! Thanks for sharing it with me!!