Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hoo Loves You More Than Me???

You may have noticed a little difference on my blog today?? I changed the background color. I suddenly felt like the dark blue was depressing!?!? Maybe it's because of the winter darkness - so I changed it to the lighter green - not sure this is what I want, but I'll stick with it for a while to see if it grows on me!?!?!

Here is my card for today's color challenge on Split Coast - to use So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy & Handsome Hunter. This is a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 card that I cuttled with the Argyle folder.The hearts are nestabilities. I paper pieced the owl with some Stampin Up Argyle designer paper and added google eyes. This cute little owl sitting on his leafy branch is from the My Favorite Valentine set by H&M Stamps. The ferns on the sentiment and heart are a Martha Stewart punch. The heart and sentiment are popped up on foam dimensionals.
Well - I have to run - it took me a couple of hours to get this card together and DH is starting to look for supper!!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you again tomorrow!

Stamps: My favorite Valentine: H&M Stamps
Paper: so saffron, bravo burgundy, handsome Hunter:, DP: SU, White: PTI
Ink: onyx black versafine, so saffron: SU
Accessories: argyle cuttlebug folder, foam dimensionals, glue dots, sponge, oval punch: SU, Prismacolor markers, heart nestabilities, fern punch: martha stewart, google eyes, grosgrain ribbon

10 comments:

Lauri said...

oh boy! go cook dinner!!!!! This is such a cute card! I love the paper piecing on the owl; it is very suttle, and your use of the punches is great!!!

dpkennedy said...

I love that little owl! I love how the branch extends outside the frame. The colors and design are great too! Have a Happy New Year!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super cute. Love that paper-pieced owl and the wonderful fern branches. Fabulous job on the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Great job on the challenge, i love how you used the colors! Great textured bg and fabulous hearts!
smiles,Deena

Kimberly Crawford said...

Cute! You make that CB folder look so good...wish I could!! :)
Love the hearts and the branches too!
Hope you had a good Christmas!

~amy~ said...

Ooooh....soooo sweet...I just love owls :)

Corie said...

Great job on the color challenge -- so adorable!!

Bev J. said...

Cute card-I like those colors and also the new color on your blog. tfs

Shirley said...

How precious and how adorably cute too!

~Lori Roop said...

Too cute! Love the googly eyes!~