Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Moosing You in Elegant Colors

I'm so happy with this little card today! I wasn't planning on doing the color challenge on Split Coast - but when I got home - this card - using this stamp set just popped into my head!

The colors today were Sahara Sand, Basic Black and Very Vanilla - and although Emily said these are elegant colors together (which they are!) - I kind of masculined them up with the moose and pine stamp as well as cuttlebugging the panels.

I used Taylor's Friday Sketch for my card which you can see here.

The images are from a great masculine stamp set called Nature's Style by H&M Stamps and I just noticed that it's 40% off right now! So if you have an outdoorsy person you want to make cards for - hop right over to Heather's site and order one up! While you're there check out her other December deals too!

I walked downtown during lunch today at work and got a little bit of my Christmas shopping done Whoo Hooo! I didn't venture out during crazy black Friday or even for the rest of the weekend - I totally hate crowds so I'm always glad when I can shop at off hours or on line !!

Thanks so much for checking in with me today! Leave me a comment so I can come say hello to you and see what you've been up to!

Stamps: Nature's Style: H&M Stamps
Paper: sahara sand, very vanilla, basic black: SU
Ink: onyx black Versafine
Accessories: foam dimensionals, cuttlebug, swiss dots & distressed stripes folders, circle punch, scalloped circle punch

13 comments:

Taylor said...

Lovely card! I like the sweet simplicity of that moose image! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Anonymous said...

What a super gorgeous card!! Lovin' the layout on this!! :) TFS!

Deanna said...

So cute Julia! I love that stamp!

~amy~ said...

FUN card Julia!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Now this is one super adorable card, Julia!!! I just love that adorable moose and your layout is awesome...sure glad you had time to stamp today!!!

Susan said...

moost use of the bug on this card, Julia! I love all the punny sentiments. It's Tuesday...hope you class went well.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh, I love this sketch from Taylor too. ....and I GOTTA try this color challenge. Beautiful, Julia!

Shirley said...

too cute for words!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Julia, LOVE the embossed background and beautiful design.

Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer :)

Kimberly Crawford said...

fantastic!!! LOVE how you used the stamp set and the sketch!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome job on the color challenge and Taylor's sketch. Love the moose image!

dpkennedy said...

Oh I just think this is the cutest! I love Moose...mooses... meece? Whatev!

Anne Harada said...

Oh yah!! That moose is perfect for the challenge!! What a fun card, love it!!