Friday, December 19, 2008

A Flexible Flyer, a Loaf of Bread & Beyond Quick

Here is my last minute easy project for this weeks technique challenge on Split Coast. This really was a quick project (of course you have to already have the little wooden sled!) I found a bag of 6 little sleds in my craft room - something I had picked up at a yard sale and promptly forgot I had!
I painted it with red Acrylic paint. While it was drying - I stamped and cut out the moose from H&M Stamp set Nature's Style as well as the sentiment. I punched the ferns (Martha Stewart) and made the bow (Stampin Up) and attached everything with glue dots.I tied the rope twine through the holes and added dew drops. A quick ornament as a small gift or as a tie on for a larger gift!

Stamps: H&M Stamps: Natures Style & All I want for Christmas (sentiment)
Paper: vintage cream, ripe avocado: PTI
Ink: Ripe Avocado, dark chocolate: PTI
Accessories: wooden sled, acrylic red paint, matt spray finish, foam dimensionals, glue dots, rope twine: SU, red and clear dew drops, real red striped grosgrain ribbon, SU

My second project for this challenge is a box for a mini loaf of bread (5 1/2 x 3 x 2)You can see the tutorial for this on Mary Jo's blog: All you need is one piece of card stock and some designer paper. They are super easy to put together and make a little loaf of banana bread look like a super classy gift!

Stamps: PTI: 2008 Holiday Tag Collection
Paper: Always artichoke, purely pomegranate, very vanilla: SU, DP: wassail Basic Grey
Ink: Always artichoke
Accessories: Score pal, Martha Stewart lacy punch, circle punches, satin ribbon, tacky tape
And I have one more project to show you tonight - Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge this week was to make a Christmas card that is so simple that someone could make 6 of them in less than 20 minutes. Well - mine are Cookie Cards - and, of course the cookies would take longer than 20 minutes - but these 10 fun CD holders - that I put the cookies in - only took me about 20 minutes to put together.
I used a stamp from the Just Rite Christmas Stamp Ensemble and Pure Poppy ink. I punched out the sentiment image then punched a larger Pure Poppy circle - layered them - attached the ribbon and that's it!
I'll be giving these to some co-workers. It's the kind of gift you give to people that you don't really exhange gifts with - but want to give them a little something. And packaging a big cookie like this makes it seem like a nicer gift than 'just handing them a cookie'!

Stamps: Just Rite Christmas Stamp Ensemble
Paper: CD envelope, Pure Poppy & White: PTI
Ink: Pure Poppy: PTI
Accessories: dotted satin ribbon: PTI, nestability plain circle, Marvy Scalloped circle punches


And here is a parting shot of my house - where we are presently having our first major snow storm of the season. Can you see the snow blurring by the window on the right? There are lights on the swag on the fence and around the front door - and they look so pretty with the darkening night and the snowfall! It's predicted we'll have a foot of snow by morning.

Oh- and my stamping room is behind the right window on the second floor


I hope I've inspired you with my little crafts - thanks so much for stopping by today!

14 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Julia, you have been a busy girl!!! You have made some AWESOME projects...love each and every one!!! Wish I lived next door so I could share the cookies....heehee!!! I hope you are warm and cozy in your beautiful home...that snow gives me the chills!!!

~amy~ said...

FABulous project Julia!!! You've been one busy woman...creating and baking! Stay warm!!!

Lauri said...

You have certainly inspired me!! and isn't today's snow wonderful!! Pretty house, too!

Sue from Oregon said...

How cute is that little sled ornament! This is not a time of the year I get to stamp and boy am I missing it after seeing all the fun stuff on your blog! Thanks so much for my surprise Christmas card...it just warmed my heart! We are currently in the middle of a huge snow storm also...we had about 8 inches today and more to come tonight! Goodness! Thanks again for thinking of me! I haven't forgotten you!

Shirley said...

Your home is beautiful with or without the snow. How very pretty it is with the red for Christmas too!

Curt in Indy said...

Your projects are sensational! I love the cd cookie holder ideas! So clever. Your house looks so charming and festive. Such a great shot! Best, Curt

Julie said...

Hi Julia! I got your package today! You ROCK! I put a special "thank you Julia" on my blog for you with a funny story!

Your house looks like a storybook house! It's so "East Coast"! LOL!

Susan said...

wow, Julia...you go girl!!! love all your Christmas projects, especially the sled.

And your home, so cool to see where YOU are! It looks lovely and I am sure filled with warmth and love.

Carolina said...

Wow - you've been busy and thanks for sharing such adorable projects with us.

Your house is just picture perfect...something you'd see in a magazine!

LeAnne said...

Those sleds are toooooo cute! Love them! Thanks for sharing your other projects too, and the photo of your house. We still haven't received any snow (maybe tomorrow) and I am so jealous! It's beautiful!
LeAnne

Theresa Momber said...

I love all these fantastic projects! That sled is too cute! What a beautiful home you have.

Lisa Olson said...

Julia, I am speechless at your amazing and inspirational designs. We are trully blessed that we have you amongst us, sharing your creativity and inspiring us all. Gold bless you.
Happy Holidays and the very best of everything for 2009

Bev J. said...

How festive your house looks with the snow and I love the greenery along the fence. All great projects and I love the little sled-so cute. tfs

Jami said...

Oh, so many marvelous projects! I love the little ornaments and that bread box is fantastic!!

hugs, Jami