Friday, December 26, 2008

A Thankful Flower

Here's my card for the Limited Supplies challenge on Split Coast entitled "No more holidays". No holiday stamps (Christmas or winter), no snowflakes, no red or greens, no holiday sentiments!I had these flowers already stamped on my work table from a card I did a while ago - so I thought they would work on a Thank you card. I also wanted to use my long neglected 'thanks' cuttlebug folders. I embossed a Labels One behind the blossoms to frame them. The blossoms are cut out and layered on various thicknesses of foam dimensionals. I also curved the petals around my finger tip. I added gold ice stickles to the centers for a little shimmer. I like how simple in design this card is.

Stamps: Eatern Blooms: SU
Paper: white: PTI
Ink: Denim, Sunset Orange, cloudy blue: Adirondacks
Accessories: foam dimensionals, labels One Spellbinders, gold ice stickles, thanks folder - Cuttlebug


I'm still receiving wonderful Christmas cards in the mail from my SCS and blogging buddies.

This beautiful card just arrived from Charlene (LilLuvsStampin). I love the repeated dots on background, cuttled panel and framings of the images on this!

And isn't it funny how the colors on this next one from Anne (itsapassion)uses almost the same exact colors?! I love the beautiful embossed image and added jewels on this - and the velvet ribbon is just wonderful!

I received this last card a while ago from Anne as a thank you card - could you guess that she used a piece of wallpaper as the background on this?!? See her story here.

Thanks so much for coming by today!

12 comments:

Deanna said...

Love the limited supply challenge card! So clean and simple!

~amy~ said...

Great Card Julia! I have to admit I'm loving seeing thank you cards ...now if it would just stop snowing here :) TFS the cards you've received..I think it's fun to see what people have gotten in the mail!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love the embossing Julia!! And what fabulous cards you have received!!

Velta said...

What a beautiful card you have made here....I have got to CASE this one...Happy Holidays to you and yours :)

Rebecca Ednie said...

How do you emboss with the nestie die without cutting through the paper? Love it BTW

Renee said...

Your challenge card is very pretty! You did good girly! Nice Christmas cards too :)

Julie said...

Wow Julia that first card is so cute and clever!! TFS!

Shirley said...

What a thoroughly beautiful card you made with your leftovers and what a gorgeous group of cards you received too! Love them all!

Shirley said...

How creative and pretty your card is! I love that hat too!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Julia, I think your card is fabulous. Love the elegant simplicity. Beautiful design.

You received a beautiful array of Christmas cards!

I posted some photos of some of the decorations on Duke of Gloucester Street.

Anne Harada said...

Your LS card is stunning!! The embossing contrasting those bright colors...WOW Julia!!

LeAnne said...

All these cards are great! Love the wallpaper idea, but I don't think my craft room can hold another item!!! I probably have wallpaper rolls in my closet somewhere I could use.
Love today's challenge, too----haven't checked SCS for days! Hopefully next week I can catch up!
LeAnne