Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Peace I Bring to You

I want to be as peaceful feeling as this card is peaceful looking! But I have too much to do tonight - I need to be working on some Christmas gifts - so what do I do? the color challenge at Split Coast of course! I got this idea of the layered trees in my head and just had to make the card before anything else! (you know that feeling - right??!!)We were to use Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze and Basic Grey. I had to use Night of Navy card stock for one framing layer but I did have Not Quite Navy ink so used that on the sentiment. And the trees are Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze. I fit the Basic grey in for the bottom layer. I love how the Swiss Dots look like it's snowing in the forest when you cuttle the whole panel.

Now I can take a few deep breaths - relax a little - eat some supper and move onto my other projects hopefully in a calm peaceful manner!!!

Hope you have a quiet relaxing night too!

Stamps: Tree: Stamp Oasis, Peace: PTI Rustic Branches
Paper: white: PTI, Night of Navy, Basic Grey: SU
Ink: Baja breeze, kiwi kiss, not quite navy
Accessories: sponge, foam dimensionals, swiss dots folder, cuttlebug

15 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Julia, I love this! The layered trees look so good and I love that you used the Swiss Dots right on the image layer. I never would have thought of that and it looks awesome!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I'm so glad you took your idea and went with it Julia! I love these trees in those colors!! Beautiful!!

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous card Julia!! The trees are beautiful and the swiss dots are perfect!

Sue from Oregon said...

All I can say is Wowser! Love this one!

Lauri said...

This is gorgeous, and I love the way you used the cuttlebug folder for the snow! what a wonderful idea! Beautiful card as always, you are so talented! Hope you had a calm productive night!

Deanna said...

Beautiful Card Julia!

Susan said...

a lovely card, Julia...and hopefully your dreams reflected the essence of this card...I really like the background trees in the blue.

JulieA said...

TOTALLY know what you mean about needing to do something and stamping instead! This is beautiful. Love the "snow" background.

Denise Marzec said...

I love what you did with the colors. The sponged edges are a great accent and I love the embossed snow.

...had to laugh at the *addiction* comment about the sugar and spiced nuts...I'm with ya, GF! We're addicted to them too, LOL! Thanks for writing that you like the recipe..it's good to know people actually like the recipe and that I didn't post a tanker, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh so beautiful!! Love that CB "snow"!! :) TFS!

Carolina said...

Gorgeous card! The sponging, the images, and the swiss dots embossing folder are came together perfectly!

Anonymous said...

It does give a peaceful feeling!!!

Lisa Foster said...

Absolutely beautiful! It IS a peaceful card! Yep, I know that "gotta make a card now" feeling all too well...so does the pile of laundry, the gifts I need to wrap, the fudge I need to make...LOL...Oh well...besides...I gotta visit my bloging friends too! Who cares if DH is wearing dirty socks? It's all about the stampin'! ((hugs))

Femin Susan said...

How awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Wishing you in advance "A Merry X'Mas and A Happy New Year''

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous card....I love all the sponging and how you ran it through the cb folder...what an awesome look!!!