Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Very Warm Thank You

The Mackenzie Childs Catalogue was our inspiration today over on Split Coast - boy would I like to buy a ton of stuff from there but it would definately break the bank!! (check out the prices of things!) I was ultimately inspired by this fun knitted hat:And here is the card I created. You'll notice it's another Thank You card!

I stamped the dots on the Ballet Blue card stock with Brilliance Pearlescent yellow ink using the dots stamp from Polka Dot Basics by PapertreyInk. I layered my flowers and connected them with a brad. The sentiment is a rub on by Deja Views. All of these items I have had in my stamping room for quite some time - especially the ribbon that I've had for over a year and I think this is the first time I've pulled it out.

My new years resolution (starting with this card!) is to try and use all the 'stuff' I already have in my stamping room before buying new 'stuff'! I don't know how long this resolution will last - as all the Stamp companies keep coming up with such CUTE stamps that I just NEED to have - and I don't know how strong I am - but I'm really going to try!! How many of you are with me???!!

I appreciate your coming by today!

Stamps: Polka Dot basics: PTI
Paper: Ballet Blue: SU, White: PTI
Ink: Archival Brilliance Pearlescent yellow
Accessories: many thanks rub on: Deja Views, corner rounder, ribbon: Michaels, flowers: flower fusion: SU, Petaloo, and unknown, glue dots

5 comments:

Susan said...

You created the perfect card, Julia! I love the font on the thanks and the very cool ribbon! I'm with you on the prices at MC...I can't even image how much that chair would be!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super take on the inspiration. Very cute card.

And I agree with your resolution, but first I need to clean up and organize my stamp room, so I can see what I have. It's going to be hard though with the new catty being released in a few days.

Anne Harada said...

Love your inspiration piece choice!! What a fun challenge this one was!! Cute cute ribbon! Good for you using all your "stuff"!! I'm with you, I am going to try really hard to use this stuff up! Really...

Joan Ervin said...

This is adorable, Julia!!! I love the dots and the felt flowers!!! I'm with you on using the *stuff* I have....but I am weak...I know I will fold before you do!!! Be strong, gf!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love the inspiration piece you chose and your card is just as warm and cozy Julia!! I love the felt flowers!!