Saturday, December 20, 2008

An Inspired Party and a Box of Nuts

This was one of the fun images Stef showed us on Split Coast for the Inspiration Challenge - a web site of Alexander Girard, a textile designer.

I was inspired by these images because I knew my Doodlebug Factory stamps were PERFECT for this!

Here are Zot, Frozey and Twinkx greeting you and all ready to party! Don't know if you can see it but I used yellow flock on Frozey's head to try and give the look of the yarn on the inspiration piece.

Stamps: Starving Artists: Doodlebug factory, sentiment: PTI It's a celebration
Paper: summer sunrise, white: PTI
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, summer sunrise: PTI
Accessories: sponge, yellow flock, zig glue pen, foam dimensionals, star punch, heart punch, oval punch, copics, sequins

And here is another quick packaging idea for a holiday food gift.


I get these great little boxes from Clearbags.com. The stamps are from the My Punny Valentine set by Papertrey Ink. The ribbon is from PTI also. I used Naturals Ivory and More Mustard card stock from Stampin Up. Inside I just tucked a square of green tissue paper.

And you can see the Sugar & Spiced nuts (Recipe by Denise) tucked inside. This will be included in a bag of treats I'm giving some friends.

Thanks for stopping by today!

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

cute, cute, cute!!! I love your Doodlebug Factory stamps!!! I have Zot but oh my, gotta love Frozey and Twinkx!

Maren said...

Love it! That inspirational piece is perfect!!! So fun!

Lisa Olson said...

Simply stunning Julia, you are so talented.

Lisa Olson said...

Julia I have a little something for you over at my blog.

Bonnie said...

Perfect!! I can't believe the match of those stamps! Luv it!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Julia...your adorable stamps couldn't be any more perfect....cracks me up!!! Love your little gift boxes, too!!!

JulieA said...

Julia, your cute little stamps were perfect for that inspiration challenge! I love it! And the nuts box is really cute.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh My Julia!!! You couldn't have asked for a better inspiration to go with your Doodlebug Factory images!! What fun!! Your nut container is just darling too!!

Jami said...

That card is soooo cute!! I just love the little Frozey with his flocked head!!
hugs, Jami

Shirley said...

How creative with the card and the box! Great gift idea!