Monday, December 1, 2008

H&M Dec Blog Hop - All Wrapped Up

Welcome to the December H&M Stamps Blog hop - This month the Design Team is excited to bring you creative ways to wrap gifts! I designed these two for Christmas gift wrapping ideas.

My first project is an altered green gable box. A gift shop included this box when I purchased an item there. I made panels of white card stock and Basic Grey Figgy Pudding designer paper and attached them to the 4 sides of the box. Then I wrapped coordinating grosgrain ribbon around the box.

I stamped the ornaments from the H&M stamp set "Create a Bulb" - cut them out and layered them over the ribbon with foam dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment from the H&M sentiment set "All I Want for Christmas" onto a panel cut with my rectangle nestabilities. I stamped and cut out the holly leaves and made berries with my hole punch using red card stock. And Voila! A beautifully decorated box that used to be 'plain jane'! It's almost a gift in itself!
My second project is a double pocket bag. You can see a tutorial for this on Split Coast Stampers here. I decorated the front with the same ornament stamps - stamping Merry Christmas on one of the bulbs. I used the same Basic Grey Figgy Pudding designer paper and pure poppy saddle stitched ribbon for the handles.
I will fill these gift packages with the Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate Sensation cocoa and the dried cranberry walnut Biscotti shown in my picture.

I thought I'd share the recipe for the Biscotti - my sister got it from a friend of hers. The Biscotti comes out softer than the usual recipe so you can actually eat it without having to dip it in tea or milk to soften it!!! (although you certainly can still eat it that way!)


BISCOTTI Makes about 30
Heat oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients:
¼ c butter or margarine – softened
2/3 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp Almond extract
2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 c chopped walnuts
1 c craisins (dried cranberries)


(the author recommends soaking the craisins or raisins in hot water to soften - then drain and add when indicated - I used the craisins without soaking and it came out fine )


Beat together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder and cinnamon – mix well. Add walnuts and craisins.

Divide dough in half and shape into 2 loaves – about 1½” wide and the length of your pan. (about 12") Flatten slightly.

Bake 18-20 minutes until firm. Remove from oven and slice diagonally about ½ - ¾” thick – return to pan cut side down – bake another 10 minutes or until browned.

Varieties:
Add raisins instead of craisins
Add white chocolate
Add chocolate chips
Use vanilla extract instead of almond



Now have fun checking out the other Design Team Members Blogs to see what creative ways they have designed to wrap gifts!

Carolina
Cindy
Dawn
Debbie
Emma

Heather

Julie
Kimberly

Nancy
Neva
Shannon

Suzanne

Tracy

Thank you so much for coming by today!

Stamps: Create a Bulb, All I Want for Christmas: H&M Stamps

Paper: white PTI, DP: Basic Grey Figgy Pudding

Ink: on the box: Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, Aqua Mist: PTI, Color Box Pigment Silver, On the bag: Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze:SU, Aqua Mist: PTI, color box pigment silver

Accessories: rectangle nestabilities, Aqua Mist Grosgrain ribbon, Pure Poppy Double Stitched ribbon: PTI, foam dimensionals


15 comments:

Debbie Corbari said...

I just love your project Julia! And thanks so much for the recipe! YUM! I'm gonna try it out!

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic packaging Julia!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe too! I'm jotting it down as I'm in a cookie/recipe exchange with some girls from work and they may really like this one too! TFS!

Neva said...

Yummy project Julia, love this, Fantastic choice of dp and colors. Great recipe and I will be trying this soon.

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Julia this is gorgeous!!! Thanks for the recipe!!

Barbara Schram said...

YUM! What a great treat and packaging! I can't wait to give the recipe a try!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Fantastic projects Julia!! Love the ornaments and dp!! And that recipe sounds divine!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Great & festive packagine--I love it. That double bag is divine--might have to try my hand at that!

hugz,
Suzanne

Carolina said...

What fun, great projects! I have got to try the double bag and thanks for sharing the recipe - YUMMY!!!

dpkennedy said...

Fantastic box and bag! Great idea that double pocket! Thanks for sharing the recipe too! I love biscotti!

Kimberly Crawford said...

I just love this!!! Fantastic mix of stamps and pps!!!!!!!
Plus, a yummy recipe!!!

Emma Fewkes said...

How fun Julia ... the projects are gorgeous and I esp. like the way you tied the ribbon handles. Super job!

Heather said...

Wow! This is one fabulous Blog Hop creation station! Love it!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Such a fabulous set, Julia! Thanks so much for the biscotti recipe...yummm!

Jami said...

Awesome gift box!! So yummy - inside and out!! Thanks for the recipe too!
hugs, Jami

Shirley said...

How original and creatively wonderful and so pretty too!