Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Crafting Some Gift Containers

Today I thought I'd share some gift containers I've made for my various gift giving needs this Christmas. Above are some bags of Sugar and Spice nuts decorated with stamped and die cut stars from the Waltzingmouse set Seasons of Love. I'm giving these to the Surgery Residents that I work with. They always need a little snack to give them strength during the long hours they work!
My friend Lisa makes beaded jewelry and I commissioned her to make this pretty little bracelet with a heart and the letter 'E' charms on it for my 4 year old God-daughter, Eden. I'm going to tell her it means 'I love Eden'! Lisa gave me the bracelet in this pretty star bag. I thought Eden would love to play with this cute little purse box that I made to tuck it all into! And finally - we always give our mailman a gift card to somewhere each year. This year I slipped a Dunkin Donuts one inside this festive stocking I made - template designed by Claire

Before I go - I just wanted to share this red sunset we had last Sunday just as our 12" snowstorm ended - I took this from our front door and you can see a corner of our decorated fence as well as the pretty red sky above our neighbors roof.

Thanks for coming by today!

5 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

love them all--have to sit down and make that adorable stocking of claires!

have a wonderful holiday!

Bonnie said...

They are all so perfect Julia! I have that stocking template, you have reminded me that I should use it for my mom's gift card - thank you! and I LOVE that little bracelet and beautiful packaging for a little girl! She is sure to love it!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Your projects are always such a joy to see! Merry Christmas to you and Kent. Have a lovely holiday!!!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Julia...you have made some mighty FABULOUS projects!!!! WOW, girl...the gift bags with the stars are beautiful and I just love the little purse!!! The stocking is adorable, too, and your sunset is sooo awesome!!!! That's a lotta snow, gf....stay warm and have a wonderful Christmas!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great projects Julia! I wish you and your family a wonderful, happy and healthy Christmas!!
hugs,
Deena