Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Simple Welcome for Baby

The Clean and Simple challenge on Split Coast this week was to use Bling on your card.

I decided to make a new baby girl card using these wonderful Celtic Birds from the Celtic Heritage Set by Waltzingmouse Stamps . I used silver sticky rhinestones on their eyes for the bling. The ink and ribbon are Habiscus Burst from PTI. I scored some lines with my ScorPal to give the card a little depth and knoted the Satin ribbon around the top between two of the scores.

Here's a close up of these wonderful Celtic Design birds. I wanted to color them in - but this IS a CAS card after all - so I left them plain this time! I just love this Hibiscus color - it's the first time I've used it.


Thanks so much for coming by today!!

Stamps: Celtic Heritage: Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: White: PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Hibiscus PTI
Accessories: Hibiscus Burst Satin Ribbon: PTI, Rhinestone Stickers, Scor Pal

12 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Holey Moley!! This baby card is most unusual and beautiful! The images are so interesting!!! I think Ineed to check out this website!! fabulous CAS card, Julia! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Julia!! Love the score marks on this!! HUGS

Unknown said...

The scoring is the perfect touch Julia!! Clean and Stunning!

Crystal said...

Julia what a great CAS card...Your scoring is great and those images are just SOOO cute! Love this girl!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh, My! That is so sophisticated and beautiful!!! I love Claire's stamps - they are just amazing - especially in your hands Julia!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is spectacular. What a fresh clean look with lots of punch!

dpkennedy said...

Very sweet! I love the scoring you placed the ribbon between!

Purple Princess said...

Beautiful card!! I love the subtle scored lines!

Renee said...

What a sweet card! Love the simplicity!

Vicki said...

Such a sweet card! Beautiful job! Blessings to you!

Bev J. said...

Cute card but I thought at first glance they were fish! Need to have my eyes checked. tfs

Joan Ervin said...

What beautiful birds, Julia...this makes for one FABULOUS baby card!!!! Great CAS card, too!!!!