Friday, August 28, 2009

An Inspired Prayer

This week's Inspiration Challenge on Split Coast was hosted by my good friend Anne Harada. I was so excited that she asked me to make a card for her to post with the challenge as a sample!

She showed us a fun wall paper web site, Creative Wall Covering to inspire us. I found these pretty flower wall appliques and immediately thought they looked like some Nestability flower dies that I had. And here is the card I created.



The papers are all Papertrey Ink as is the tiny dotted ribbon. I used two different Cuttlebug Folders, Script and Birds & Swirls. I used a sugar coated brad in the center of the big flower. Almost every layer on this card is up on foam dimensionals!
Happy weekend everyone! We were going to go kayaking with my niece and her husband but it looks like we're getting a day of rain thanks to Hurricaine Danny - oh well - maybe it will clear on Sunday?!?!
thanks so much for stopping by today!!

Stamps: Scattered Showers: PTI
Paper: White, Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain: PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: circle punch, Cuttlebug folders: Script, Birds & Swirls, Ribbon: PTI, Brad: Doodlebug Designs, Gems: Amuse, foam dimensionals, Flower Creations 3: Nestabilities.

8 comments:

Crystal said...

SOOOO Beautiful Julia, LOVE this blue, Absolutely LOVE that flower!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous Julia. Wonderful elements.

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful, I love the blues!!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Julia - this is absolutely beautiful. I love the blues.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,
How appealing! I love the colors (where do you find such perfect blue ribbon?) and the layout of this card is good, I'll have to try this one!

Bev J. said...

Great inspiration card! Like others, I like the dark blue cs. tfs

dpkennedy said...

Lovely! Does look like the Nestie flower dies! Pretty card!

Joan Ervin said...

You did an awesome job on this, Julia...I love the blues and hte flowers are gorgeous!!!! Wish I could have played along but I was playing granny on Saturday...no craft room time with 3 kiddos!!!