Sunday, August 16, 2009

Inspired by Curiosity

Stef showed us the webstore Curiosity Shoppe for The Inspiration Challenge on Split Coast this week. I was so inspired that I made three cards! My first inspiration was this pretty apron with the tan silhouettes of mushrooms. I really liked the colors on this.And here is the card I made.
I stamped the mushrooms with bleach instead of ink (moisten a paper towel on a plastic dish with bleach to use as an inkpad - be sure to wash off your stamp immediately after stamping) I stitched around the distressed edges and added a ribbon. This fun sentiment is from Rosie's Road Show - a new stamp company to me - they are very similar to the Amuse style of stamp.

Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms: Forest Friendzy, Sentiment: Rosie's Roadshow
Paper: Ripe Avocado: PTI, Blue Bayou: SU
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ripe Avodado: PTI
Accessories: Bleach, Janome Sewing Machine, Distresser: Heidi Swapp

My second inspiration came from this clean and simple journal cover. This is the no layer card I created
I stamped the scrolly foliage and sentiment (both by Papertree Ink) directly on the card. Clean and Simple!

Stamps: With Sympathy, Fresh Alphabet: PTI
Paper: White: PTI
Ink: Wild Wasabi: SU, Memento Tuxedo Black

And my third inspiration was this cute little wallet with the shamrocks.I made this card with Waltzingmouse Stamp sets Irish Blessings (the sentiment), Celtic Heritage (the shamrocks) and Half Baked (the heart)




I used the script cuttlebug folder on the brown panel and the canvas background stamp by Stampin Up on the base card to mimic the canvas material of the wallet. I used a heart instead of a ladybug.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!! We're off today to take my son's fiance, April, out to dinner for her birthday!

Stamps: Irish Blessings, Celtic Heritage, Half Baked: Waltzingmouse Stamps, Canvas BG: SU
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Chocolate Chip: SU
Ink: Handsome Hunter, So Saffron: SU, Memento Tuxedo Black, Pure Poppy: PTI
Accessories: dark chocolate twill: PTI, circle punch, distresser: Heidi Swapp, Cuttlebug Script folder, sponge, foam dimensionals

17 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I adored every single one of these, but the leaf one was my favorite ... perfect single layer design.

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards rock, Julia!!!! tfs!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

WOW Julia! AMAZING! I need to try this and see if I can come up with anything, anything at all! Your art is just wonderful - and thanks for the details about how to do the bleaching!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

These are all fabulous Julia!! Love your inspirations, and your cards are exquisite!! Love all 3!!!

Crystal said...

These are AWESOME Julia!! WOW!

Lauri said...

Three beautiful cards!!! Wow!! I think the middle one is my favorite, but they are rock!

Donna Marie said...

Wow!!
You really nailed these!!!!
Three of them, when do you find time??
You Rock!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Your cards always amaze me! They are always so different that I really can't pin down one style to you!! How creatively you view things!! Any one of these cards blows me away..and the trio is fabulous!! The mushroom card is my fav, though...the stitching and sentiment just appeal to me! Grea tjob, GF!

~amy~ said...

julia, absolutely EXCELLENT cards...love them ALL!!!

Renee said...

Wonderful cards Julia! Love your inspiration!

Susan said...

EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THESE cards is stellar, Julia! I especially like the mushroom one, with it's wonderful texture and stitching. You definitely go girl!!!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super creations. Wonderful interpretations of the inspiration pieces.

Bev J. said...

Great inspiration cards. I love the note card with the swirley leaves!

dpkennedy said...

These are wonderful Julia! You picked some great inspiration and your take on them is great!

velta said...

Good Grief girl you have been busy...Love all that you have done here!

Joan Ervin said...

Mercy Me!!! That's a lotta stampin, girlfriend, and each one is FABULOUS!!! The colors and sewing on your mushroom card looks awesome, I love the elegant simplicity of the leaf card, and the little shamrocks are beautiful!!!! Gorgeous work, Julia!!!

Aimes said...

Oh WOW! These creations are just AMAZING!
Love the stitching on your mushroom card and so clever to use bleach - it gives a really cool impression!
I'm in love with your second creations - just stunning! I love the CAS layout!
Just super work!
Aimes
x
P.S Thanks so much for the sweet commment on my own lil' blog! x x