Monday, August 24, 2009

The Cookouts Over - The Dog Cookies were a Success!

Our cookout on Sunday to welcome Mini to the family was a great success - it was pretty hot and humid but we had a couple of fans going under the canopy and plenty of cold punch/beer to keep us hydrated!

So I thought I'd introduce you to the characters of the day.

This is the star - the reason we were all getting together - Mini - a rescue dog who came all the way from Puerto Rico to Massachusetts to find a family! She is a beagle/Jack Russell terrier mix and she is just the cutest thing. My sister had a little cheerleader outfit on her when she first arrived (Yikes! the poor thing !) but she didn't seem to mind it! She was one cute happy little camper with her new family and took well to the extended family too!

And here is her older brother Gus - another rescue dog that came to Mass from somewhere in the southern US. Another beagle/Jack Russell Terrier mix who is about twice the size of Mini but looks very much like her!

The other canine characters at the party were my grandchildren - my son Josh and his fiance April's bassett hounds. Here is little boy Roscoe checking out our kayaks.
And here is Daisy with April keeping cool in the shade of the canopy.

The dogs LOVED the dog cookies that I made and the humans loved their little boxes that had sugar cookies in them. You can find all kinds of dog biscuit recipes here. Check out my post below for more details and pics about the treats I made for everyone if you missed it!

And now I'll introduce the human attendees at the cookout.

Here we have left to right - DH Kent, neice's husband Nate, and sister's husband Bob ( with Mini in front) Here are (l-r) niece Katie's DH Greg, my son, Josh, BIL Bob, niece Christie leaning over and her DH Nate shading his eyes.
At our table are (Left to Right) niece Chrstie with DH Nate, DH Greg with niece Katie, and lifelong friend Cilla who is moving to FL in November where her sister, already lives (boo hoo).
Here is Cilla again with my sister Marcia - holding Mini.
And here are the red hot dogs I was telling you about! - we grilled these along with some marinated chicken, had macaroni salad and delicious carrot cake for dessert - Yum!!!

Tomorrow I'll have a card to show you! Thanks so much for coming by - hope you enjoyed the pics!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! What fun pictures!! Looks like a wonderful party!! The treats you made are soo darn cute!! :) TFS!! HUGS

Joanne Travis said...

Best wishes with your new addition!! Mini looks completely endearing and adorable, oh that face!!! Thanks for taking a rescue dog and giving her a good, loving home. That really warms my heart.

Crystal said...

What great pics Julia, looks like you had a blast...oh my those dog treats are soooo ADORABLE!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Yippee!! You made my day - these photos are just adorable!!! The puppies are so happy! Of course they are - you made them special home-cooked biscuits!!! Thank you Julia!

Cheryl said...

How fun! Love seeing your party pictures! Great idea!
when I got my last puppy (over 12 years ago) my friends at school had a puppy shower for me!

Unknown said...

Cute dogs and cookie boxes!! My DH wants a dog and he was thinking Jack Russel Terrier or Beagle...Maybe the mix would work!!

Francie G. said...

Oh, Julia, what a fun time! Love all your pictures. Thanks for sharing! Lots of cute four legged and two legged animals! What's up with no pictures of you?

Bev J. said...

Glad things went well with your party. What's not to love about homemade goodies! tfs your photos.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

WOW! Those hot dogs really are RED! Hmmm....I think I need to have some of those (LOL!). Fun pictures of the party, and I'm so glad all your work for the guest of honor was a hit!! I'll bet the owners loved their cookies too!! TFS!

Lauri said...

Oh looks like you had SO much fun!!! How nice of you to have the party for the little dog! and thank you so much for letting us know how much they loved everything!

Joan Ervin said...

What a wonderful family you have, Julia, and what a great occasion...hope Mini adjusts well and looks like a great time was had by all!!!