Monday, August 3, 2009

All You Need in Life

I made this chocolate card for two challenges today. The Split Coast Clean and Simple Challenge to use stitching on your card - and the Doubledog Dare Challenge I do with some Split Coast friends. Anne (Itsapassion) was our hostess this past week and her challenge was 'Good Enough to Eat' where our main image had to be edible and all our colors had to have edible names! (this was harder to do than it sounds!)

I used Chocolate Chip, Vintage Cream and Raspberry Fizz card stock - I was trying to figure out how to have a silver wrapping on the kiss that would have an edible name - and then realized Silver Ice Stickles would work! and the ink I used is Dark Chocolate. We'd love to have you join in the DDC challenges - just add DDC to the keyword when you load your edible card to your Split Coast Gallery. Scroll down to Post #20 in this forum on SCS. You can see all the DDC cards here.

Stamps: Sentiment: Inkadinkado, Kiss: Rubbernecker
Paper: Vintage cream, Raspberry Fizz: PTI, Chocolate Chip: SU
Ink: Dark Chocolate: PTI
Accessories: tissue paper, sewing machine, Silver Ice Stickles, heart punch, foam dimensionals

12 comments:

Lauri said...

What a tough challenge!! all edible names...wow!!! okay, I need to go have some chocolate now.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,
What an interesting challenge - you did a GREAT job with it, too! I just LOVE that saying - I think it's why my cardinal rule for open stamping is that there must be chocolate!

Fun card! I'm impressed by your stitching - I can't really make a straight line yet - but I think making one that looks like a curvy rope would be even harder!!!

Crystal said...

WOW Julia you rocked this challenge...oo love that hershey kiss and that sentiment SOOO true...AWESOME job with the stitching and those added hearts. so cute! Great job Julia!

Susan said...

girl, you rocked this challenge, musta been the vaca. love how CAS this is with that fab kiss! Welcome back, you haven't missed a beat!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is just perfect!! I love that fun sentiment and the sparkle on the candy is sweet!! :)

dpkennedy said...

This is adorable! Awesome job! It DOES look good enough to eat!

LeAnne said...

Yummy! A friend just gave me this set for my birthday----I am SO excited, because I love it! So great what you've done!

Donna Marie said...

OMG!!
This is awesome!!!
I love your CAS Cards, I have such a hard time doing simple....yours are simple yet not boring!!!

Debbie Corbari said...

This card is FABULOUS! It is so TRUE! Ahhh...LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

FABulous card Julia!! LOVE the whole thing! :)

Shirley said...

Your cards never disappoint! I love this one!