Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Fancy Friend

Anne Harada (Itsapassion) was the guest host today for the Inspiration Challenge over on Split Coast. Anne was just in NYC celebrating her b'day and she visited a store called Pylones. She loved it so much - she used it's web store for us to get our inspiration from.

I came upon this fun magnetic bird in the office section and immediately thought of the pretty Vintage Birds by The Greeting Farm that I have. (The set must be retired now as I couldn't find them on their web site)And here is my inspired card - I colored the bird with my copics and cut it out. I cut one slit in the wing to put in the first paperclip - then just clipped the rest around the edge. I added the cute Library clips from Stampin Up on the tail feathers.
The panel, bird and sentiment circle are all up on foam dimensionals and I layered a small piece of Magic Mesh under the panel on the right.

I used this week's Taylored Expressions sketch for my card and polka dots which was Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge.
Hope you are all having a great weekend! I'll be posting some fun treat boxes that I'm giving to my guests at a cookout on Sunday along with home made doggie treats so be sure to check back!!

Stamps: Vintage Birds: The Greeting Farm
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Blue Bayou: SU, White, Bitty Dots Basics: PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.
Accessories: foam dimensionals, scalloped circle punch, circle punch, jewels: Taylored Expressions, glue pen, Magic Mesh, paper clips, Library clips: SU, Copics: Y21, B41, B21, B45, YR04

8 comments:

Susan said...

what an excellent card for the IC, Julia! love how you used the office supplies to fluff up those feathers! And the mesh, cool touch!

Happy weekend, my friend

Susan said...

oh and congrats, I see you broke a 100!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What an interesting card! Your birdie is very cool - the colors are great, too!

Crystal said...

This is awesome Julia, wow that birdie is soooo cool!!! Great card!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Awesome Julie!!! What a great take on the inspiration!!! Love your birdie in blue!! Magnificent creation!

Anne Harada said...

You know after seeing this card and thinking about how cute it was, I started thinking that it would be fun to add a magnet behind the bird to actually work as a paper clip holder! Hmmmm, you are inspiration to ME GF!!

Thanks for helping out with the sample for the challenge this weekend!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card...
I really love this..


--
Michell
Home Security Systems no CREDIT CHECK everyone is approved

Donna Baker said...

what a neat card! perfect interpretation of the inspiration bird!