Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Chef's Announcement

This weeks Featured Stamper on Split Coast was my good stamping friend and Fellow Doubledog Dare Challenge Team member Joanne Travis (sleepyinseattle). I CASED her fun chef card

I missed making this fun stand up card when it was a new technique challenge on Split Coast and I just love Chef (Voila by Stamping Up) so this was the card for me! Anne (Itsapassion) - another good stamping buddy who is also on the DDC team - is having a special birthday this week - so I made this for her (Happy B'Day dearest Anne! This is in the mail to you along with a couple of treats!)

The card base is a Bazzill coral color and the designer paper is Basic Grey Porcelin. The cupcake is by Lockhart Stamps and I colored it with Copics. It's popped up on foam dimensionals and I added the Basic Grey Chipboard numbers on top!

On the back of the card I added two more stampings and this is where I signed the card.
Here are the copics I used on the cupcake and Chef's skin. His outfit is paperpieced with Bitty Box Basics by Papertrey Ink.

Thanks for coming by today! Leave me a comment so I can come visit you!!

Stamps: Chef: Voila SU, Cupcake: Lockhart Stamps, Sentiment: clearartstamps
Paper: Bazzill, White, Bitty Box Basics, White: PTI, basic black: SU, DP: Basic Grey: Porcelin/Hampton
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Berry Sorbet: PTI
Accessories: sponge, dotted satin ribbon: PTI, chib board sticker numbers: Basic Grey, Pinking Circle, circle: Nestabilities, sugar coated brad: Doodlebug Design, Spellbinders Tag 5, foam dimensionals, copics

9 comments:

Janelle said...

I love that chef stamp -- have had it on my wishlist since SU! first introduced it. Maybe this is the year I'll buy it. Great card -- I'm sure your friend will love it!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

WOW Julia!! This card is gorgeous inside and out!! Beautiful case!! The colors are awesome!! What a fun stamp set and card design!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Julia, this is terrific! I love this chef image and how you made this for our sweet Anne's 50th BD! I've yet to make one of these stand-up cards, too. Yours is so cute!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wonderful creation. What a fun 50th card. Super design!

Crystal said...

Wow Julia this is soo awesome...love how you did your chef!!! Fabulous 50th card, love it!! One of my fav images!!

The Paper Tree said...

This is a great card Julia! The "50" looks like it was baked. I love it!

Heather said...

Super funtastic card Julia! Been forever since I've chatted with you! Hope all is well! Thank you for the well wishes! Hugs!

Heather

P.S. Yes, that spider was not a pretty site, and I don't scare easily! LOL...Still unsure if it is dangerous or not, but hubby did get him in the end!

Kim said...

Julia, this is just adorable!! I've always thought that chef image was fantastic but never knew what to do with it, this is fantastic work!! Love it!

Donna Baker said...

what a super card! love that chubby chef!!