Tuesday, August 4, 2009

God is Never Changing

If you've visited my blog this past week - you know that I was on vacation and not stamping! And I'm SO HAPPY to be at it again! I think we all need an occasional break but then it's wonderful to get back to it too! (I know you are all nodding your heads in agreement!)


I just had to do the Featured Stamper challenge on Split Coast - Teresa has a wonderful gallery and I could have chosen several to case. I finally picked this pretty card - first because I love that Stampin Up ribbon and I never seem to use it - and also because I liked the sketch. I changed the designer paper and stamps and I didn't do stitching - I did a little doodling and added corners and a border on the bottom instead.


Instead of a card - I made mine a 6x6 scrapbook page as this project is also for the His Holy Name challenge that I do every other Sunday. For Week 15 Patter gave us God's Attribute of Immutable (never changing). What a comfort to know that God does not change - that he will always be there loving and caring for us!

You can join in on the Holy Name challenges at any time - click the link on my sidebar to get to Patter's blog. She posts them there as well as on Split Coast.


Stamps: In Bloom: PTI, Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Paper: White, Purepoppy, TextStyle In Bloom: PTI, Basic Black: SU
Ink: Menento Tuxedo Black, Pure Poppy: PTI
Accessories: Modern Label PUnch, Photo Corner Punch: SU,, Striped Grosgrain Ribbon: SU, Jumbo Eyelets, SU, Cropadile, Type Key Letter Stickers: Nostalgiques/Sticko, Foam dimensionals, Pinking scissors: Fiskars, Micron Pen Black, Distresser: Heidi Swapp, sponge

13 comments:

Crystal said...

Hi Julia, hope you are enjoying your week...I wanted to tell you I LOVE that pti set I won..woohoo those sentiments fit right in the su oval punch..they are GREAT!!!! Thanks soooo much!!! Your card is amazing, I just love how you did your letters...beautiful work as always my friend!! hugs!

~amy~ said...

wow...julia, what a gorgeous LO...love the stamping!

Unknown said...

Just stunning Julia!! Gorgeous work here!! :)

Kerri said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love those PTI flowers and tag!

Rach said...

Hi Julia, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you about a question that you left for me on one of my tutorials. I use my wizard when i do my out of bounds technique and havn't got the impression left on the over hanging part.... so far!!
hugs Rachxx

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Just love the tag and yummy ribbon together on your card!! :) HUGS

Lauren said...

This is so pretty. The rich red is wonderful.

Debbie Corbari said...

Hey there Julia! Hope you had a wonderful vacay! This card is absolutely GORGEOUS my friend...GORGEOUS!

dpkennedy said...

Just lovely Julia!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Absolutely drop dead gorgeous! Love the way you incorporated the tag.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Stunning page, Julia! I love the tag with the beautiful ribbon and the vibrant colors! Beautiful!

I hope your vacation was a good one!

Bev J. said...

Love the page you made and love the red colors-the ribbon worked in well. tfs

Shirley said...

Beautiful card for a beautiful verse!