Monday, August 10, 2009

Inspired by the Web

This week for the Inspiration Challenge on Split Coast - Stef showed us Bellacor Vases and I found this really fun Halloween Tall Vase.I thought my Spider Web Cuttlebug folder would be the perfect thing to create this card. It worked just the way I envisoned it which doesn't always happen! I thought I might have to add some ink to the embossed image but the embossing made the clear acetate card stock turn milky white so you could see the web. I used a deckled edge rectangle Nestability to cut the window. The spider is from Spooky Sweets from Papertrey Ink.

Here is the inside view of my 6x3 card. I stamped another spider on white and placed it in the same position over the one on the front. I also stamped a spider and sentiment on the inside so it could be seen through the 'web' when the card was closed. I attached the Clear Cardstock from Papertrey Ink to the card with 1/8th inch red line super tacky tape. I thought it looked clean enough to not have to cover the edge. I sponged around all the edges with Close to Cocoa ink by Stampin Up.

I love how this spooky little card came out! I think I'll make some more!

Thanks for coming by today!

Stamps: Spooky Sweets, Spooky Sweets II, PTI
Paper: Pumpkin Pie: SU, Clear card stock, white: PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Close to Cocoa: SU
Accessories: sponge, circle punch: SU, 1/8" tacky tape, spider web cuttlebug folder, deckled edge rectangle Nestability

17 comments:

Heidi said...

What a fun card! I love the web...it's really cool!

Unknown said...

Genius!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Stunning! Creativity at its best.

Dizzy Broad said...

I'm sooooo going to try this tonight with acetate!!! What a clever idea! Thanks for passing it along to us! -gigi

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Outstanding!!! Wowie.

Unknown said...

I have to say this rocks and I love that vase!

Crystal said...

Julia this is AWESOME!! I have to give this a double WOW!! How creative and fun, what a cool Halloween card!

Anonymous said...

Oh so WOWW!!!! This is really awesome Julia!! TFS!! HUGS

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh, Julia...how cool is this card?! Love it!

Donna Marie said...

You rocked it girl!!!

dpkennedy said...

Fantastic card!! You nailed it! That vase is so cool too!

Susan said...

and the crowd yelled Score!!! You certainly did with this one, Julia! And you've enabled me to add this folder to my collection. Wonderful work!

LeAnne said...

I HATE spiders, but the vase AND the card are fascinating.....I will just enjoy them from afar! :D

pescbrico said...

What a spooky card! I really love the way you used the acetate!!!

SmilynStef said...

This was one of my fav's ... love that clear design.

Joan Ervin said...

Whoa, Julia....how coooool is this!!! OMG, I love how you used the acetate...makes for a real spooky Halloween card!!!!!

i {heart} papers said...

This is awesome! I have to try that acetate effect!