Saturday, July 1, 2023

Inkspirational #293 - Word Prompt - Christmas in July

 Hello friends! The newest Inkspirational Challenge is up and it's a Word Prompt.

So, I'm sure the prompt means you can make a traditional winter Christmas Card but since I have a friend that now lives in Florida - I thought I'd make it a beach/hot weather theme Christmas and I'll send this card to her!

I love this melting snowman die from Poppy Stamps and he was the perfect thing for my hot beach scene.  I'm glad we caught him before he was just a puddle!  
The palm tree stamp is from My Island set by Waltzingmouse (retired).  
The Christmas bulbs on the palm tree are a die set called Tree Rex from Cherry Lynn Designs (they actually string around a dinosaur die, really cute!).  
The background is DP of sand and sky.  I framed the scene with metallic green frame cut with a die from Rubbernecker.  I die cut the sentiment with a circle and layered it over a die cut sun up on foam dots and overlapping the frame.

So, how will you interpret Christmas in July!  We can't wait to see! 
You'll find more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team as well as the link to add your cards over at Inkspirational!

You have until July 14th to link up!

I'm also linking my card to:

Die Cuts/Squares (in frame) /Free



Anything Goes


Stamps:  My Island - Waltzingmouse (retired), Christmas Quotes - Poppy Stamps.
Paper:  White, Harvest Gold, True Red, Night of Navy, Taken With Teal, Parakeet - Papertrey Ink, metallic green from stash, DP Beach Vibes 6"x6" Paper Pad - Honey Bee.
Ink:  Light Spruce, Peach Parfait - Altenew, Nocturne - Versafine Clair.
Accessories: Brown, orange and red Copics, foam dots, Nested Rectangle with Square Holes frame die - Rubbernecker, Tree light dies from Tree Rex set - Cherry Lynn Design (retired?), Large Sunshine die - Lil Inker Designs, Circle Nestabilities, Melted Snowman Die - Poppy Stamps.

9 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

This card is SO FUN Julia!! How perfect for a Christmas in July challenge!! I just LOVE your melted snowman....he is just too CUTE!!! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Susan said...

Such a fun card for a hot weather Christmas! It really made me smile!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fab melting snowman holiday card, Julia - got quite the chuckle out of it!!

Marina said...

Awww - your melting snowman! Lovely to see a big cheery sun on a Christmas card - your friend will love it!

Bonnie said...

LOL! This is perfect for Christmas in July, Julia! It's perfect for a warm Christmas!

Loll said...

Sweet! This is such a fun card and your friend is going to love it! xx

Marlena M. said...

Julia, this is SO CUTE!

Nonni said...

A very fun tropical Christmas scene!! Love the unique melting snowman. xxx

cm said...

Julia, your Florida friend will love your tropical Christmas card, as do I! The melting snowman (I feel a bit sorry for him!), the decorated palm tree, the beach, the bright sun...perfect for a "July" Christmas!
hugs~carol