Sunday, July 2, 2023

June Card Chain Challenge Reveal - Hope It Tickles

 Today's the day for the June Card Chain Challenge Reveal.  I sent this card to Brenda in England and I received a card from Pat in Texas!  

Brenda sent me a beautiful card last month so I was happy to have her name to send to this month!

A quick and simple design.  I stenciled the left side of the card, adhered the acetate printed feathers (top one glued to card, the other two up on foam dots) and stamped the sentiment!

I used this months suggested sketch, colors and friendship theme for my card this time.




Would you like to send a card to someone different every month (or even just once in a while)?  Just sign up at The Card Chain Challenge by the 6th of each month.  All information on how you can join in is over at the blog!

Linking my card to:

first time using the acrylic feathers




Stamps:  Sentiment from Funky Feathers - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Paper:  White - Papertrey Ink
Ink:  Ranger DOX Antique Linen, Medium Carnation - Altenew
Accessories:  Texture Wall Stencil - The Crafters Workshop, acetate feathers - Taperlogy.com, foam dots, sponge dauber.

16 comments:

Bonnie said...

WOW! Love, love, love these feathers and the sentiment is perfect! It tickled my fancy!

Bastelmichaela said...

Wow, its a beautiful card!

Viv said...

This is a brilliant make Julia!

Arlene said...

How clever and imaginative. WOW. I love the sentiment - so cute and appropriate for the card. Love it.

Loll said...

I LOVE your design, Julia. The stenciling sets off those feathers perfectly. And how cool are they!! Amazing colours and semi-transparent look makes them look like they are floating in air. Beautiful! xx

nancy littrell said...

OMG...LOVE your Gorgeous card with the beautiful floating feathers, soft stenciled background and the Perfect sentiment and colors, Julia. I think everyone is going to want the crafty beautiful feathers, my friend:-) I am going to look for the link..I will let you know if I find it...TFS, My friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

nancy littrell said...

I found the acetate feathers and then noticed you already had the link on your post..I liked the set you chose the best because of the variety of colors. TFS my friend..need to add to my wishlist:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

Imke said...

Lovely card, Julia. Love the colors and the use of the feathers.

I am happy to be part of this challenge - it´s fun eacht month.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Angelnorth said...

What a great take on the sketch Julia and a Waltzingmouse reminder is always welcome (I still have Funky Feathers but rashly got rid of Fine Feathers and have regretted it pretty much ever since!).

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful card, I thought he feathers were real and then read they were on acetate :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a clever take on the sketch, Julia! I see we both went the stenciling route for the edge - great minds... Love your floating feathers - such great movement for the design!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, what pretty feathers! You had the perfect sentiment to accompany them too. So happy to see this in our Just Us Girls gallery, Julia!

HilaryJane said...

Simple, but very effective. Those feathers look incredible. Thanks for the link xx

Darnell said...

As I've said before, you have an excellent eye for design, sis! The background stencil and sediment are mwah! with those sweet feathers. And, ahem, you might want to let Taperlogy know where they can send your commission as I've just spent $100 birthday money over there.😁 Thank you for enabling me and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS!

And speaking of excellent designs, thank you for the gorgeous birthday card! Once again, the stenciling w/border and the composition/colors/bling are perfection! I just love those three little blue eggs in the nest! Hugs, Darnell

Ina G said...

Wow! Julia those feathers are stunning and what a way to show them off with that great stencilled background. Sooooo gorgeous and perfect sentiment. We both had feathers on our mind this week. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at JUGS.

Ida said...

This is stunning!