Wednesday, June 28, 2023

June 2023 Group of Seven Cardmakers - Design Element: Off the Edge

 The June Group of Seven Cardmakers post is up!  

This month Loll has chosen a design element for us to play with -  Off the Edge.  Simply stamp off the edge of your panel -  or use a die cut off the edge of your panel and cut off the excess.

I stamped off both edges of my card.  This fun stamp is a wood block stamp Little Ladies Mail Art I purchased on Etsy and it has 3 ladies carrying letters.  I stamped it twice slightly off both left and right edges.  I colored the ladies with Copics.  Then I used a slimline frame die to cut above and below the image on the stamped panel.  The dots of the edge of the frame gives a ground for the ladies and also visually breaks up the plain panel.


You'll find more inspiration for "Off the Edge" over at The Group of Seven Cardmakers.  If you'd like to try this design element out - please link it up over there!  

I'm linking my card to:

First time using the Little Ladies stamp

Inspired by the colors  Clean and simple





Stamps:  Little Ladies Mail Art - York's Little Art Studio Etsy Shop.  Sentiment Set - Hero Arts.
Paper:  Water color - Canson Cold Press
Ink:  Nocturne Versifine Clair
Accessories:  Slimline Nested Stitch Die - Rubbernecker, Copics YR23, B00, R29, E00, E50.

12 comments:

Loll said...

This is such an adorable card. What a great way to send a note to someone special. I love your design with the scored area for the ladies to walk along with their sweet notes in tow. Great work Julia!! xx

HilaryJane said...

Your ittle letter ladies are so cute. What a perfect CAS card xx

Bonnie said...

I LOVE these ladies with their snail mail, Julia! Awesome coloring on these tiny images! The die cut piercing is perfect to break up the background and keep the focus on the sweet image! Great off the page stamping, my friend!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Oh this is so cute! I love the little people carrying the big notes! Great use of our colours. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept:)

Lisa Elton said...

How cute are those little ladies! This is such a sweet CAS card, Julia!

nancy littrell said...

Clean and Simple Perfection, Julia. Love how your stitched die cut panel is perfect for the ladies to walk across and your lovely coloring. Wonderful off the edge design for your note card, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy P.S. Thank you for the warm welcome too, my sweet long time friend:-)

Brenda in IN said...

This is so fun and cute how they just march right "off the edge" with their notes. Great take on the theme!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab CAS with the border of ladies heading off edge, Julia - love the soft colors too!!

Susan said...

What a great way to do the Off the Edge theme for Group of Seven! Love those little ladies under the weight of the big envelopes! Fabulous colours!

Christine Alexander said...

Your little images are adorable, love them walking off the edge of the card.
Life got away from me this month with the Garage being built and friends visiting. I should get going on next months :)

Darnell said...

Ooooh, sis, just imagine how juicy some of those letters must be, judging by how heavy they look! Those gals are gonna need to use a heating pad, lol! This is unique and adorable and I love it as a great OTE design! Hugs, Darnell

Papercraft Boutique said...

What an adorable CAS card with off-the-edge design, Julia!
The little ladies carrying the big letters are so cute! Adding the dots to the edges is a great idea!
Hideko xx