Sunday, July 16, 2023

Woof Woof!

How cute is this little Scottie dog??!!  I've had this Sizzix Bigz Die for a few years (bought on sale) and then never created with him.  (seems to be a common theme with me??!!)

I was going to put him 'on' a card - but when I took out the die - I realized he was a bit bigger than an A2 size card - so I made him a stand up Scottie dog!  He measures 5 1/2" nose to tail, 5 1/4" ear to foot so he'll fit in a 5x7 envelope or a 6x6.  Maybe he'll need one extra stamp if mailed?!

The eye and nose are little die cuts and I colored them a bit with a white pencil so they would show up.   The collar is also part of the die and I cut it out of black and then patterned paper and glued them together and then on his neck.   I die cut the the holly, layered the berries and leaves and adhered it with a foam dot. The Woof Woof is gold embossed.

I cut him out twice and adhered the front to the back along the tip of the tail and the forehead below the ears.  
Here he is from the back

I scored below the adhesive on the inside piece along the forehead and tail so it would fold back cleanly and he could stand up!  
I added this sentiment inside and will either write on it with a white pen or add a panel of white.

I'm linking my Scottie dog card to:

first time using the Scottie die

Christmas in July

Dogs/puppies



Stamps: Dogs - Inkadinkadoo, inside sentiment: Mini Strips: Christmas - Taylored expressions.
Paper: True Black - PTI, Core-dinations Kraft core green and red, DP Text Style Holiday Cheer - PTI
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Scottie Dog Bigz Die - Sizzix, Patchwork Holly Die - Impression Obsession, Mini Strips Die - Taylored Expression, foam dots, white pencil, gold embossing powder, heat tool

12 comments:

Jeanne H said...

Adorable creation!

Glennis F said...

So cute!

Loll said...

So adorable, Julia. I have never seen a dog-shaped card before --- very creative and so fun! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Super adorable, Julia - great idea to only glue down at the tail and ears! Love the little collar with holly!!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm glad this little fella finally got to come out o play, he's CUTE!!

Bonnie said...

He is too cute, Julia! What a special Christmas card! I love his collar and holly and that shiny nose!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Oh how cute! What a great card for any guy who is a dog lover! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys!

Susan said...

Love the adorable Scottie dog! So perfect for Christmas with the holly leaves on the collar.

dj said...

I love this Scottie shaped card!! Fantastic!! Thanks for playing along with our "Christmas in July" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You rocked the Christmas elements with your festive dog collar and then nailed the masculine element with your Scottie pup in black!! -Deb Horst, DT #C4G326

Tristan said...

Julia you card is so stinking cute! Think I might have to track that die down! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Your Scottie dog is just adorable! Saw your entry at NBUS and had to come check it out.

Trina P. said...

Ohh emm gee! This is so adorable! Another sweet shaped card!