Wednesday, July 26, 2023

There is a Garden in Every Childhood

 Today I have a card to share that I made using  3 Impatien blooms and leaves from my garden and laying them between two layers of watercolor paper and running them through my Big Shot to 'press' them.

I love doing this with blooms from my garden - some work better than others - and green leaves with all of their chlorophyll work really well. 

The moisture from the leaves and blooms always make the watercolor paper warp a bit - you can see two creases on the panel - one on each side.


I'm linking my card to:
I have 3 real pink Impatiens blossoms on my card





Stamps: Stampotique
Paper: water color - Canson Cold Press
Ink: Nocturne Versafine Clair
Accessories: impatiens from my garden


5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I need to do this with my granddaughter, I think she would love it! Your three Impatiens are marvelous, Julia. I spot three leaves too! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Christine Alexander said...

one of my favourite techniques. I just love the pattern created by the flowers and the leaves ♥

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such an ethereal look, Julia - love this!

HilaryJane said...

This looks lovely. I have never tried that. I think I might have to give it a go xx

Bonnie said...

This is a lovely botanical print, Julia! I love the contrast between the soft colored flowers and green leaves! And you have the perfect sentiment!