Thursday, July 27, 2023

I'm the Guest Designer for Tic Tac Toe #219!

 I am excited to have been asked to be the Guest Designer for Tic Tac Toe  #219 challenge!  And here is the fun grid for you to choose which line inspires you - diagonal, vertical or horizontal!


I went with the diagonal line top left to bottom right : Layers, Die Cut, Anything but a card. 
 I made some sweet little treat boxes that measure 1 1/2" x 1 1/2".

I love making 3D items for little gifts and holiday tables.  

I made the ladybug using the Tiny Box Die and Tiny Box Add On Ladybug Dies from Lawn Fawn. 
 
You'll find the Tiny Gift Box die and all the animal add-on dies at Lawn Fawn here.

I added little Tuxedo Hearts to the antenae and some accents with a white Gelly Roll pen.

I used the same lady bug dies for the bumble bee.  I changed the colors and wings and added stripes instead of the side panel with holes in it, so it looks like a bee!  I made the wings for the bee layering a white wing with a striped vellum wing over it, attaching only at the base, since bee wings are usually sheer!
Here's the frog with a lovely gold crown so the princess will kiss him!

The boxes open from the back.  You can fit 3 Hershey kisses inside or any small treat or cash!

So please join us for Tic Tac Toe #219.  And Thank You to the Team for having me Guest DT for this challenge!  

You'll find lots of Design Team Inspiration as well as Mr. Linky here at the Tic,Tac, Toe Challenge blog

I'm linking my 3 boxes to:

they are all made from the same box base


First time making the bee, frog and lady bug.





Lady Bug Box
Paper:  True Black, Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink, Pale Rose - Bazzill.
Accessories:  Scor Tape, glue, Tiny Gift Box Die, Tiny Box Lady Bug Add on Dies - Lawn Fawn, Tuxedo Hearts - Honey Bee, white Gelly Roll Pen

Bumble Bee Box
Paper:  white, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, True Black - Papertrey Ink,  striped vellum from stash.
Accessories:  Scor Tape, glue, Tiny Gift Box Die, Tiny Box Lady Bug Add on Dies - Lawn Fawn, Tuxedo Hearts - Honey Bee, white Gelly Roll Pen

Frog Box
Paper:  White, True Black, Green Parakeet - Papertrey Ink, Caramel Apple - Bazzill, Kraft Metallic Gold - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology
Accessories:  Scor Tape, glue, Tiny Gift Box Die, Tiny Box Frog Add on Dies - Lawn Fawn.

10 comments:

Jeanie Stark said...

Oh I just love your little treat boxes! I can't decide which is my favorite! I love making 3D projects and these are great! Thanks so much for joining us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge and congratulations on being the guest designer this week. You rocked it!

SmilynStef said...

Congrats ... those are stinkin' adorable.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, these are adorable! I think the bee is my favorite. Congrats on guesting, Julia, you knocked it out of the park!

Joanne said...

Those are SO cute!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable trio of treat boxes, Julia! I am such a fan of this LF line and you have showcased it well with these cuties!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh p.s. Congrats on being Tic-Tac-Toe guest designer; I'll try to play along :)

Bonnie said...

Congratulations, Julia! These little boxes are ADORABLE!

Ida said...

These are just "stinkin" cute! My favorite is the frog.

Karren said...

Oh these are just the cutest little treat boxes, ever! So adorable. Thanks for guesting with us this week.

Haven_mom4 said...

So cute and creative. Thank for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff