Thursday, July 20, 2023

Gingerbread Latte Barista

 I'm here today with a shaped Christmas card for a couple of the Christmas Challenges out there.

So I cut Barista Ginger using an older Bigz Die - aptly named Gingerbread.  It cuts the gingerbread person and the white frosting lines.

In search of a Santa Hat - I found the Fresh Baked #1 Thinlit die set that had one that fit perfectly on Ginger's head.

THEN I thought to make Ginger a Barrista serving Gingerbread Lattes at Gingerbucks and found the Coffee Cup die in the Festive Things Thinlit die set!  
(I added a little piece of the frosting die cut to the cup as the steam raising up from the cup!)

And since this is a professional Barrista Employee - I just had to add the eyeglasses that I found in the Cool Yule Thinlit die set.  ALL of these die sets are Tim Holtz/Sizzix.

The sentiment stamps are retired from Waltzingmouse sets - Gingerbread Joy and Coffee Set.

I cut Ginger out of white Woodgrain Paper and sponged with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.  I cut the coffee cup out of the same paper and sponged it with Gathered Twig Distress.  I punched the buttons and eyes out of red card with a circle punch and added enamel dots to the centers of the buttons - I added white dots to the eyes and then drew black pupils with a Micron Pen (and then added the glasses to make Ginger more professional AND because the eyes looked wonky after I added the pupils!)

I adhered the two sides together at the top of the head, making a score line just below the glue line on the back piece so it would bend out cleanly and Barista Ginger could stand up and not spill the Gingerbread Latte in her hand.


I'm linking my Barista Ginger card to:

Christmas Kickstart 


Santa's Hat

Santa's Hat




Stamps: Gingerbread Joy and Coffee Set - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Ink: Vesafine Clair Nocturne, Ranger Distress Rusty Hinge, Gathered Twigs.
Paper: White, True Black, Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink, White Woodgrain Paper - Tim Holtz/ Ranger.
Accessories: Bigz Die Gingerbread, Festive Things Thinlit Dies, Fresh Baked #1 Thinlit dies, Cool Yule Thinlit Dies - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, foam dots, enamel dots - Altenew, 1/2" circle punch - Marvy, Memo Punch - Stampin'up.

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

So clever and fun, Julia! I believe you have a winner here!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

How adorable, Julia - your ginger barista couldn't be cuter! So many clever details like the little glasses and to-go cup!!

Christine Alexander said...

Ha Ha, so cute, you managed to size everything so perfectly ♥

Lisa Elton said...

I love his little glasses! This is too much fun and so cute!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Very clever and creative use of all the different sets together. The glasses are a perfect finishing touch! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the shaped card and those glasses are just perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

SmilynStef said...

what a super-fun shaped card design ... and I love those glasses ... so very glad you joined our Santa Hat prompt at Jingle Belles.

cm said...

Julia, your Gingerbread Barista has planted a smile allll over my face! He's cute, stylish, festive and all-around awesome! So thrilled to see this handsome guy in the Christmas Kickstart gallery!
hugs~carol

Trina P. said...

Sweet ginger-barista shaped card! Great job piecing the accessories together for the challenges.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Julia, welcome to our Double Trouble Challenges. Love your gingerbread shaped card and the embossed texture you gave both on front and back...so yummy looking. I make gingerbread cookies usually at Christmas month and sometimes wonder why I don't do them throughout the year because they are so yummy. Please come back and join us for future fun challenges and see what Things 1, 2 and 3 have up their sleeve. Thank you for sharing your adorable gingerbread man with us at Double Trouble and Jingle Belles.

Dotty Jo said...

I was sure I'd left a comment for you, Julia. Your card is fabulous - so fun and clever, Jo x

cm said...

Popping by to let you know your awesome gingerbread barista is one of two winners over at Christmas Kickstart! Yayyyy!
hugs~carol