Saturday, July 15, 2023

Inkspirational Challenge #294 Moodboard - Paris Skyline

 There's a new challenge up over at Inkspirational #294.


I was inspired by the tan/blue colors, the Eiffel Tower and surrounding buildings. 


I used an Elegant Writer Speedball Calligraphy pen Fine Tip 2.0 mm to create the blue/pink haze over the city and around the buildings and sentiment.

You can look up Elegant Writer Calligraphy pens on YouTube to see how they work and how to use them.  Most show drawing with the pen and then using a water pen to activate the colors.  But I used it with stamps and a wet paint brush!

I stamped my Paris skyline with Nocturne Ink onto watercolor paper as well as the Paris sentiment and dried it with my heat tool to be sure it was really dry.  Then I used the Elegant Writer to outline the edges of the images - top and bottom edges as well as some inside lines on the buildings.  Then I used a paintbrush dipped in water and washed over the areas I had used the Elegant Writer on.  

At first it creates puddles of darker blue but when you blot it with a paper towel - it creates the pink and lighter blue look.  It's fun to play with it to see what it does!

I added a rub on sentiment "what a view' below the stamped Paris and a little black clay heart to the i on Paris. (it's not attached yet on the photo above!)

I bought this Elegant Writer years ago after seeing it used on Splitcoaststampers - tried it once then never used it again. (?)  I don't think I liked whatever I did and didn't try playing more with it. (Duh)
 
Something about the look of the photos on the Moodboard made me think of this watery result so I got the pen out to give it another try!

So show us how this Mood Board inspires you and link up your card over at Inkspirational!  You have until July 28th to enter.  Check out the blog where you'll find lots of other DT inspiration!  

Linking my card to:
We Love Stamping - anything goes option



Stamps:  City Scapes - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous, "Paris" from Hampton Arts set.
Paper:  Watercolor paper - Canson Cold Press
Ink:  Nocturne Versafine Clair.
Accessories:  Elegant Writer 2.0 mm - Speedball, What a View Rub On - Tapelogy.com, paint brush, water, Tuxedo Heart - Honey Bee Stamps.

12 comments:

Loll said...

This is gorgeous, Julia!! The flow of the colours around your images is very ethereal. Great work! I LOVE the elegant writer and have seen Christine use it before. I need to get some for myself. :) xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Such an atmospheric card with the 'misty' look to it Julia, and so beautifully stamped also
Thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping this month
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

cm said...

Julia, your Paris city scape is the perfect inspiration image for this mood, especially with the pretty haze you've added. Glad you gave your Elegant Writer another try; the results are fantastic. Your card stirs memories of my travels to France/Paris with my brother, years ago, on our Tour de France trips. So.Much.Fun!!!
Hugs~carol

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a lovely cityscape of Paris, Julia - that haze looks amazing!!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty card, Julia!

Susan said...

Beautiful - makes me want to go to Paris again. I haven't used my Elegant Writer for ages - you've inspired me to get it out (assuming it hasn't dried up!).

brenda said...

So atmospheric Julia and great watercolour effects, it's lovely to see you at We Love Stamping challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Marina said...

Ooh what a beautiful marbled effect you've created . It goes great with the Paris skyline. Yes I too am guilty of using stuff once, or worse, buying something I've seen used and then , by the time it arrives, having forgotten what to do with it!

Pia S said...

Oh, I love tbis! I have never heard of an Elegant Writer before, but now I want one too. I love the watery effect here, it gives your card such an artsy look and feel.

Bonnie said...

I have an Elegant Writer and have never used it with this technique. Your wash is gorgeous and inspires me to try it. Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!

Marlena M. said...

What a fab dreamy look Julia! LOVE~

Anke said...

WOW so beautiful, I love your card ...