Thursday, March 28, 2024

Group of Seven Cardmakers - March 2024 - Cover Die Eclipse

 It's time for the Group of Seven Cardmakers March Technique.  This month we are creating using the Cover Die Eclipse Technique.

I recommended this technique to the GO7 after seeing it in a challenge over at Splitcoaststampers a year ago.  You will find a link to a video as well as a list of instructions over at the GO7 Blog.

I made 3 samples today. 

This first one using the Fresh Floral Background Stamp from The Greetery, Layered Plaid Cover Die A - Altenew.

My second card was made using a smaller image (Stiple Rose - SU retired) stamped in the center of a panel with  stripes cover die from Amazon.

And then I tried the technique but with no stamping -  just using two panels of the same patterned paper - one for the background and one cut with an Arched Deco Plate die.  I love how this came out!


Here are some photos of how I made the 2nd and 3rd samples.

1) Take two panels of white card stock (I used white A2 card size, 4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
2) Put your panel into a card positioner and stamp the image you have chosen,  Put the second panel in the same spot in your card positioner and stamp the image in the same spot on the second panel.  
3)  Die cut one of the panels with a cover all die.  Adhere the die cut stamped panel over the stamped panel and  the image should line up.


Then I wanted to see what would happen if I just used the same patterned paper for each panel - no stamping.
1.  Take 2 panels of patterned paper cut 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
I used 2 sheets of 6x6 from the same pack and cut them in the same place on each sheet so the patterns matched.
2.  Die cut one with the cover all die and lay it over the uncut panel
It worked!

To finish this card,I hot foiled the sentiment with gold foil and popped it up on foam dots.


As with any technique - you need to play with the supplies you have to see which stamps/dies work best!

So please join us and try out this Stamped Eclipse technique, make a card and link it up over at the Group of Seven blog so we can all see it!   While you are there - check out all the samples created the the other G07 DT!

I'm linking my Birthday card to:

Die Cut Diva's Anything Goes  ends 3/31




Just a Note Card
Stamps: Fresh Floral Background Stamp, Little Labels Stamps and Die - The Greetery
Paper: white - PTI
Ink: Blue Lagoon - Elements Lavinia
Accessories: Layered Plaid Cover Die A - Altenew, Little Labels Stamps and Die - The Greetery, foam dots.

In this Time of Sorrow Card
Stamps:  Stiple Rose - SU (retired), Simple Strips: Sympathy - Taylored Expressions.
Paper - White, Vellum - PTI
Ink:  Confetti - Elements/Lavinia, Gold Pigment Ink - Color Box, Versamark.
Accessories:  Gonal Stripes Layering Dies - Amazon, Simple Strips Die - Taylored Expressions, Black and White POSCA pens, Gold Embossing Powder, heat tool.

Happy Birthday Card
Paper:  White - PTI, DP Welcome Spring 6"x6" paper pad - Rubbernecker.
Accessories:  Arched Deco Plate die - Poppy, Elegant Occasion Sentiments Hot Foil Plate and Die Set,  Gold Foil, Glimmer Hot Foil System - Spellbinders, foam dots.

16 comments:

Darnell said...

Fantastic post, sis! And really beautiful results! Thank you for suggesting this technique ~ I'm sort of obsessed with it and wish our photos could better show just how cool the cards are in person! I have blue and white dishes so that first card is my fave! Happy Easter! Love, Darnell

HilaryJane said...

this is a great technique. I am definitely going to give it a go (sometime!). Love all your cards. Thanks for the inspiration xx

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful examples Julia. I love the patterned paper, it's a great way to use it up. This is one of the techniques I will be doing again in the future xx

Loll said...

Beautiful cards using this technique, Julia. Thanks for suggesting we try this ... I had fun! :) All three of your cards are lovely. I especially love the last card done with the designer paper. The feminine design is just perfect with the arched design die-cut. xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Looks like an amazing technique and I love all the cards you made with it, Julia!! Card one looks like a cool china pattern and I love the rose cluster on the trellis too! My fave though is the patterned paper - who knew?! Must try this!!

Lisa Elton said...

I keep scrolling back and forth, Julia, these are all beautiful!!

LesleyG said...

Your cards are so pretty, and inspiring, I can’t wait to try, thankyou xxx

Marcia Hill said...

Three absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards Julia! The blue & white card is SO pretty and I'm loving the one done with DSP too, but seriously, all 3 cards are FABULOUS!! Hugs. :0)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards with this fun technique. Love all 3 of your cards using different elements. Can't wait to try this technique.

Brenda in IN said...

This is a wonderful technique with such stunning results. Thanks for sharing this with us. Your blue and white card is so beautiful. That red rose stands out so well on that card and using pattern paper is brilliant.

Sue N said...

Wonderful cards, Julia! I love the idea of this fun technique! I need to go through my frame dies and try it! Thanks for the inspiration! Sue N

Cindy C. said...

So beautifully done! Thanks for playing along our March challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Bonnie said...

Thank you for introducing this technique, Julia! Your plaid cover plate sent me shopping. I love the design with the bright blue and white! The die cut plaid is more obvious with the white space in your beautiful monochrome floral. I love how the last card looks like a beautiful garden behind a decorative gate. Great choices of dies and designs, my friend!

Susan said...

Fabulous examples of our Group of Seven technique! Love the blue and white card (my favourite colour combination!!). The one with the flowery patterned paper is so incredibly pretty!

Dotty Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dotty Jo said...

Terrific cards, Julia! What a great technique and so effective - wow! Jo x