Sunday, March 3, 2024

Woodblock Dandelion Sympathy

 I'm finally remembering to join in with Amy's Woodblock Wednesday Challenge today. Heaven knows I have LOTS of older and some new woodblock stamps!


Both of the stamps I used on this card are wood block as shown below -  the Dandelion stamp is newer, purchased at Michaels and the sentiment is very old from Simply Stamped. I stamped both stamps and then partially stenciled around the image.
I drew the frame lines with a Gold Sharpie and a ruler, tied the twine around the panel before adhering it to the card base and added 3 enamel dots.
I got this posted just in time - as this challenge end's on 3/4!



Stamps: Wooden stamps: Dandelion - Recollections, with Deepest Sympathy - Simply Stamped
Paper: Vintage Cream - PTI
Ink: Nocturne - Versafine Clair, Lavender Fields - Altenew
Accessories: Bubble Wrap Stencil - Altenew, purple twine, metallic gold Sharpie, ruler, enamel dots

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a peaceful card, Julia. Very pretty too!

Christine Alexander said...

that's such a beautiful image, perfect for your sympathy card xx

~amy~ said...

This is so beautiful Julia! Love the color and the added gold sharpie detailing.
Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

My favorite color and used so effectively, Julia! I love the soft dot stenciling with the dandelions over top & the gold frame added the perfect accent!

Jessica Lynn from JessicaLynnOriginal Studios said...

beautiful card, thank you so much for sharing! :)

Pia S said...

I like the look of the soft colors for a sympathy card. Beautiful combination of stamp and stencil.

Bonnie said...

What a pretty stamp and so perfect for a sympathy card, Julia! Love the stenciling too!

Susan said...

A perfect sympathy card in those soft muted colours! The gold border adds a touch of elegance.