Friday, March 1, 2024

An Easter Bloom and Chick

 I'm joining in with a couple of challenges with my Easter Card today.

  I die cut the layers of the flower and stamped the veins on them.  The larger green layer is up on a foam dot.  There's a tiny puffy sticker white chick in the center of the bloom. (it looks yellow but the body IS white with a touch of tan on it's wings and feather on it's head) I added green enamel dots and stamped the Easter Frame from Rubbernecker

ends 3/14


ends 3/5
I cased this card below of Lisa's using the same stamps and dies from PTI






Stamps:  Lovely Layers - PTI (retired), Happy Easter Frame - Rubbernecker.
Ink:  Nocturne - Versafine Clair.
Paper:  New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores - PTI, DP Giddy for Gingham - Honey Bee Stamps.
Accessories:  Lovely Layers Dies - PTI, Puffy Chick Sticker - Nekoni, foam dot, Green Enamel Dots - Altenew.

11 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful use of the challenge colors Julia and I totally love the chick in the center of your PTI flower!! When I saw Lisa's card using that set I thought I should dig mine out, and now especially after seeing you use it too, I really need to dig it out and have a play!! So glad you joined us at Color Hues with this sweet, sweet card!! Hugs. :0)

Karen said...

Lovely Layers has always been one of my PTI favorites, and I love what you've done here with it! The little chick is so cute, and transforms the card into an Easter celebration. Such fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Bonnie said...

What a great CASE of Lisa's card, Julia! Love the bright colors and that tiny chick is adorable!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm honored that you picked my card to CASE, Julia! You version is bright and cheerful! I like the checked background and the wee chick you added! Thanks for playing along at JUGs this week!

Cindy Beach said...

How darling that little chick is, Julia! I love how the border mimics the black elements on the flower. This is beautiful and so sweet!

HilaryJane said...

Love this, great colours and great style, finished off perfectly with that frame xx

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty, Jo x

Carol said...

Fabulous CASE of Lisa's card this week...and that little chick is adorable! Great colors you chose and a pretty sentiment! You and Lisa have both interested me to want a set like this. II wonder if PTI has something similar. Thanks for joining our CASE a DT challenge at JUGS this week!

Nancy said...

I just smiled when I got a closer look at your card and saw that little chick. Love it, Julia! Thanks for making our colors look so good at Color Hues.

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia what a lovely card and I have not seen that PTI stamp in years. I forgot how fun it is. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

JulieP said...

Love your version of her card especially with the bold hues you chose from our colors. The black details are wonderful. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues!