Thursday, March 14, 2024

Dennis: Poker Player and more!

 A friend asked me to make a birthday card for her brother-in-law who is a new grandpa and loves to play poker.   So this is what I came up with!   

I do NOT play poker - so I googled what are winning hands in the game.  My card shows a winning Straight Flush - 5 cards in a row of the same suit.  The cards were cut from a piece of DP from Stamperia Alice.  The backgrounds are from the same DP.
  
I stamped a simple birthday sentiment inside.



I'm linking my card to:

Cardz 4 Guyz  ends 3/18
#342 Namesake - use a letter in your design



Stamps: Men of Life - PTI (retired), Compact Family - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Paper: White, True Black - PTI, DP Alice - Stamperia.
Ink: Nocturne - Versafine Clair
Accessories: Alphanumeric Dies - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, 01 Black Micron Pen.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

That paper couldn't be more perfect for a card for a poker player, Julia! A great masculine card, my friend!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous designer papers, Julia - so fun for a poker player!!

dj said...

Fantastic!! I love that designer paper...perfectly masculine!! Thanks for playing along with our "Namesake Day" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. This challenge was really a bit more challenge but you nailed it with your fancy fold card with die cut letters.!!

Dawn Phillips said...

What a brilliant design for a guy card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Trina P. said...

Another fantastic customized card. Perf3ct combination of products.