Tuesday, April 2, 2024

March 2024 Card Chain Challenge Reveal - You Make Me Snort

Today's the day for the March Card Chain Challenge Reveal -  I sent a card to Jo in the United Kingdom and received a card from Gail in British Columbia, Canada.

Here is my card:


Every month there are options for designing your card -  you can use all of the options but just have to use one of them.

For my card, I used the color options - black, white and one other color (I used pink),  and I used the theme 'on the farm' - using a pig image.

First, I stamped the pig from Piggies Crushed It in the center of a white card panel.  I colored the image with pink and black Copics.  Then I stenciled around the image with Milky Way Stencil using a blender brush with pink ink.  I  die cut the Polaroid frame and layered it over the image, popping it up on foam dots.  

 I stamped the balloon again on a piece of white card, colored it, cut it out and layered it over the stamped balloon and over the frame.  I die cut the FRIEND from Fun with Words die set and adhered it to the lower edge of the Polaroid die cut.  I colored in the heart on the 'I' of FRIEND with a pink Copic and added 3 black Tuxedo hearts around the card.  Instead of adhering the panel to a folded card - I adhered a die cut easel to the back of the panel.

Please join us in this fun monthly challenge where we send and receive a card to places all over the world!  You'll find all the details about signing up for April at The Card Chain Challenge Blog.  You have until April 6th to sign up!

I'm linking my card to:

First time using the stamps

Just Us Girls  ends 4/2

Middle Horizontal - Spring Colors/Free/stencil  ends 4/11


Anything Goes  ends 4/3



Stamps:  Piggies Crushed It - Whimsy Stamps.
Paper:  White, True Black - PTI, Hammered White - Amazon
Ink:  Nocturne - Versafine Clair, Blush - Altenew
Accessories:  Fun With Words Die, Polaroid Die - Whimsy Stamps, Small Easel Die - Sizzix, Milky Way Stencil - A Colorful Life Designs, Copics R20, N10, foam dots, Tuxedo Hearts - Honey Bee.

14 comments:

papierelle said...

*hihi* ... your card is so funny and I have to smile!!!

Ellibelle said...

This is totally adorable and so fun!! Love the stenciling on the background!

Gail said...

Your card is so cute Julia!
I'm glad you liked the one I sent you!
Have a great week!

Angelnorth said...

Absolutely adorable Julia! Sweet piggy image, beautifully coloured and I love the balloon floating out of the frame. I bet Jo had a huge smile on her face as it came out of the envelope!

Lisa Elton said...

I saw this in our JUGs gallery and it brought a big smile! This is extra cute and I'll bet Jo loved it!

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... this is just the cutest card EVER, Julia! LOVE IT! Made me smile. Bet Jo loves it too. Great work! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So adorable, Julia - like everyone has been saying, really made me smile!! Love the soft stenciling for the bg too and the bitty black hearts add the perfect touch!!

Joanne said...

Such an adorable card!

Bonnie said...

Such a fun card, Julia! It made me snort!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness, that framed piggy is tooooooo cute. Love the bandana. Love the soft stenciling. The sentiment cracks me up. LOVE IT. Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

Susan said...

Adorable - love the framing, love the stencilling behind that sweet pig!

Darnell said...

Everything about this design is awesome and makes me smile, Julia! I love piggies and now I need to go check these out because even though I don't need any more piggies, I do LOVE that sediment! The coloring, framing, friend, and stenciling are mwah!🖤 Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

crafty-stamper said...

Great monochrome card and fun sentiment,love the cute pig and stencilled background.
Carol x

Donna Phelan said...

hahahaha this is the cutest card evaaaaah! Don't we all have those kind of friends--thankfully! Super Cute!!!