Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Age Is Just a Number

I have a birthday card to share today that I've already sent to my lovely blogging friend, Darnell, as her birthday is today and it needed to wend it's way from Massachusetts to California! I know she has received it already!
 (and was not offended by the tongue in cheek sentiment!!)
The flowers are a two part stamp from Rubbernecker called Wild Flower Joy.  I put the stem and flower centers stamp in my stamp positioner, colored the stamp with a Black Soot Ranger Distress Marker, spritzed the stamp with water and then stamped it on a panel of watercolor paper.  Then I lined up the flower stamp over the stem stamping, lifted it in the stamp positioner and colored the blooms with Spiced Marmalade and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Markers.  I spritzed  the stamp with water and pressed it onto the watercolor panel over the stems. I added a little blue watercolor wash along the right side of the stampings and stamped the sentiment from Off Beat Birthday from PTI.

I die cut the stamped panel with Tipped Top Die from PTI and die cut the Bright Buttercup panel with Stitched Edge rectangle die from Waltzingmouse (retired).   I added the die cut Tied Trio from Impression Obsession to wrap up my blooms into a bouquet!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration today Darnell!

I'm linking my card to:

Stamps:  Wild Flower Joy - Rubbernecker, Offbeat Birthday - PTI.
Paper:  Watercolor - Canson, White, True Black, Bright Buttercup - PTI.
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Tied Trio Die - Impression Obsession, Stitched Edge Rectangle Die - Waltzingmouse (retired), Tipped Top Dies - PTI, blue water color paint, brush, water, Ranger Distress Markers Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Black Soot, water mister, Stamp Positioner.

15 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

A lovely card for a lovely lady! Jo x

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful card for Dear Darnell x

Shona Chambers said...

Your blog post just made me feel terrible because for some stupid reason I realised I wrote Darnells birthday on my calender in AUGUST instead of July!!! Must send her an apologetic card asap, so thank goodness I saw your beautiful card. It couldn't be more perfect for our challenge theme and your flowers are just heavenly. Really like your layout too with the odd angles, adds so much interest than boring rectangles, must try this myself. I'm so very glad you shared your funny and beautiful card with us at TIME OUT!

nancy littrell said...

Love your yellow bouquet of flowers, Julia. The perfect sentiment for a special Birthday Year! TFS Hugs..

Loll said...

Your watercolour spritz flowers are STUNNING, Julia! I love how the colours flowed together. So pretty with the layering of yellow to make it a very happy, sunny birthday card. LOVE the sentiment! :) xx

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful birthday card...love those yellows!

Susan said...

Such beautiful yellow flowers, Julia. And I love the wonky rectangle you used for the focal layer - it adds so much interest! Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

Bonnie said...

Love these bright, happy flowers, Julia! The tipped design piece is so pretty paired with the yellow background and I love the contrast with the black twine! Perfect sentiment too!

Bonnie said...

Oops, thanks for joining in at CAS Watercolour!

Jo said...

I love how the yellows blend together. The black is a such beautiful accent! Matting the wonkie square over the yellow CS makes this sunshine bouquet even happier. A stunning piece. xxx.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous! I bet Darnell loved it! I really love the angled panel.

Anita in France said...

Hahahahaha ... Darnell will have been tickled by that fun sentiment, Julia! Love the contrast between the light hearted humour and the beauty of those oh so gorgeous blooms ... they're so deliciously organic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Darnell said...

How dare you, sis! Oh, hahahaha, just kidding! I emailed you to let you know I love this card from the sunny colors and the light wash background to the parallelalered angles ... and how it enabled me to go buy a little sumin sumin! As for the sediment, so true and it IS a big one!! Thanks for make it very special for me! Hugs, Darnell

Happy Dance said...

I need this sentiment to put on my older sister's birthday card every year, hahaha! It's perfectly moderated by those amazing! flowers!! This is just beautiful, and I see that Darnell loved it -- as I do! Really lovely. Bev

Jill V said...

Such pretty sunshiny blossoms and I love how you paired them with a funny sentiment 😀 Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill