Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Today is All About You

Today I'm sharing a Birthday card I made for my lovely blogging friend Bonnie - we've known each other for years through Splitcoaststampers and now have worked together on Loll's and her CAS challenges!  Her birthday is today -  so hopefully she has already received this card in the mail!
I colored these lovely coneflowers (Dancing Daisies from Penny Black) using Ranger Distress Markers in Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Gathered Twigs and Tea Dye, spritzed the stamp with water and pressed it into a watercolor panel using my Stamp Positioner.  I repeated the process one more time to make the colors a little darker.

I die cut the panel with Pierced Feature Frames: Rectangles from PTI and stamped the sentiment from Offbeat Birthday from PTI in black ink.  I adhered the outside of the frame to the white card base using foam dots and adhered the inner panel inside the frame.  I added the die cut Tied Trio ribbon from Impression Obsession to gather my stems into a bouquet!

I hope you have a lovely birthday today Bonnie!  Today is All About YOU!

I'm linking my card to:

Stamps:  Dancing Daisies - Penny Black, Offbeat Birthday - PTI
Paper:  Watercolor - Canson, white, Raspberry Fizz - PTI
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Pierced Feature Frames: Rectangle - PTI, Tied Trio Die - Impression Obsession, Stamp Positioner, water mister, Ranger Distress Markers Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Gathered Twigs and Tea Dye, foam dots.

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful card for dear Bonnie...she will love it x

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful card for Bonnie Julia. I love your die cut frame stamped frame :)

Susan said...

What a beautiful bouquet of coneflowers - such lovely soft colours. They look great overflowing onto the frame. Thanks so much for making a card for CAS Watercolour! Bonnie will love all of her bouquet cards!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful Julia....love how the flowers extend beyond the frame.
x Karen

Bonnie said...

Thank you so much, my friend, for the birthday wishes and the beautiful coneflower bouquet! I love the soft pink and how you've "tied" it in a bow! It did arrive in plenty of time and I had a ball opening cards on my big day! Thanks so much for sharing in it with me.

Loll said...

LOVE your watercoloured coneflowers Julia! I have this stamp and have only inked it once without much success. You've inspired me to try again ... the flowers are gorgeous. And I love the added dimension with die-cutting and popping up the frame. Gorgeous card for our sweet Bonnie! xx

Sue said...

What a beautiful card Julia, I love how the design carries on onto the frame. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Barb Ghig said...

Your dancing daisies are so pretty, Julia! I love how you stamped them on and off the frame and your color palette is beautiful! I'm sure Bonnie is going to love it, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

Darnell said...

What a beautiful and pinnable design, sis! You did such an amazing job watercoloring those no-line dancing cone flowers inside and outside the frame! And there's that twine die again!! A lovely card for the lovely Bonnie! Hugs, Darnell

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love your two step design with these gorgeous flowers, Bonnie sure is one lucky gal.
Thank you for sharing it with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.

Jeanne J. said...

Julia I saw your name at Fusion and had to smile! Like seeing an old friend! Your card is beautiful! I love the soft watercolor look of the coneflowers! Your friend will love this !