Thursday, July 18, 2019

Mid Month CAS Stencil Challenge Reminder! Alcohol Inks

Just a reminder that you still have time (until 7/24!) to link up your CAS Stencil Challenge card!  This month Cathy is our hostess and she is asking us to use Alcohol Inks and/or the Alcohol Lift Technique!
I wanted to do some more Alcohol Lifting with my card today!  I took a panel of Yupo White Heavy Stock and pounced over it with a felt pad on my applicator inked with Alcohol Pearls in Splendor (orange), Enchanted (pink) and Sublime (green).  Then I dropped some Alcohol Blending Solution over the panel to move the colors and again pounced on it with the inked felt to add some more color.  When I was happy how it was blended, I let it dry.  

Then I laid two different Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous mini stencils, a grid and a floral (one at a time!) over my panel.  I added a drop of Alcohol Lift Reinker to a foam circle on my applicator, rubbed it off onto my craft mat (as you only want a bit!) then pounced over the stencil to remove the ink.  I laid a paper towel over the stencil each time and pressed over it to remove some of the Alcohol Lift Reinker.  I removed the stencil and then laid a paper towel over the panel and pressed over it again to remove more Alcohol Lift Reinker.  When the panel was dry, I rubbed over it to remove any more of the Lift ink.
I die cut the Winterland Fairy from Poppy Stamps out of black card stock and her wings out of vellum.  I adhered her wings to her back and adhered the fairy to the panel with foam dots.  I die cut the white panel using Pierced Feature Frames from PTI.  I stamped the sentiment from Paper Angel and adhered the inked piece onto the white.
Hopefully you can see the shimmer from the Alcohol Pearls below.
You'll find lots of inspiration  from the Design Team and our July Guest Designer Janet as well as links to tutorials using Alcohol Inks and the lift technique over at the challenge blog.   

I was remiss on my first July CAS Stencil Post in not welcoming Viv as a new member to our Design Team!  We are so happy to have you join us Viv!

Also linking my card to:
using stamping, alcohol ink lift and die cuts.

Stamps:  Wishing You Joy -  Paper Angel
Paper:  Yupo White Heavy Stock  - Ranger, Vellum, White, True Black - PTI
Ink:  Alcohol Pearls Splendor, Enchanted, Sublime, Hero Hues Black
Accessories:  Floral and Grid Mini Stencils - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous, Winterland Fairy Die - Poppy Stamps, Pierced Feature Frame Die - PTI, foam dots, felt pad, foam pad, applicator - Ranger, Alcohol Blending Solution.

18 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful card Julia. Love the mix of pretty colours for your pearl AI background. Can definitely see the shimmer from the pearl. Great design with combining two different stencils. The lifted design is fabulous. Your silhouette fairy is so pretty and delicate with those vellum wings. Great work, my friend! xx

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Julia! I love how you used 2 stencils to create your pattern for the AI lift technique! Your Winterland Fairy is the perfect accent for this beautiful color palette, too...Love this sweet card! Barb xx

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous Julia, I love that stencilled background for your dancer :)

Anne Temple said...

This is gorgeous! I love your Yupo paper background for the silhouette. So glad you shared it with us for the Lavinia World Challenges #5.

Trina P. said...

The two different stencil patterns look so cool, Julia. You did such an amazing job lifting. Great design and love the fairy die-cut. x

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful alcohol ink background and love your how you stenciled 2 different images with the alcohol ink lift technique. Such a beautiful background for your elegant silhouette dancer with vellum wings:-) TFS my friend. Hugs...Nancy

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love your shimmery background ... and the wings you added for the ballerina.
Thank you for having me as guest designer - you have all been so kind and welcoming.

Linda said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the shimmery background, and the two stencil designs look so cool xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous background design using the AI lift Julia, great idea to use two stencil designs and your fairy silhouette with her vellum wings a lovely finishing image

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card and yes, so shimmery! Love the patterns from lifting the ink with the 2 stencils and the silhouette fairy is perfect, thought she was a ballerina! Cathy x

Mac Mable said...

What a unique and stunning card. The two stencils and the lift technique looks fabulous. The black silhouette fairy with her pretty vellum wings looks beautiful against the striking background x

Lori Kobular said...

I love the design on your card and the way you used two stencils to make that background panel! It is such a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful lifted background, Julia! I love how you've used two different stencils for the lift! It makes for lots of interest! Your dancing fairy is delightful with her gossamer wings!

Susan said...

I love the fairy cards I'm seeing these days! Such a lovely one and a great stencil AI lift background!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful AI lifted panel, Julia! The colors and the shimmer are so pretty! I never thought about combining the two stencils for the lifting technique. Thanks for your inspiration!
The black fairy silhouette is so sweet and using vellum for the delicate wings is a great idea. Thanks so much again for sharing this beauty at CAS Mix Up.
Hideko xx

Debbie Sherman said...

Thanks for playing with the Lavinia World design team! Your card is gorgeous ♥️

Susan Joyce said...

Great design for the challenge this week at CAS Mix Up Julia, I love the die cuts you used, so feminine. Thanks for sharing!

Steph Ackerman said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Lavinia World.