Wednesday, July 10, 2019

July Guest I-Teamer for Words 2 Craft By

I was honored to be asked by Sybrina to be the Guest I-Teamer for the July/August Words 2 Craft By after being chosen the winner of the May/June challenge here.
This month - the inspiration words commemorate the July 1969 Apollo 11 moon landing.
"We came in peace for all mankind.
 (lunar plaque inscription).

Here is the card these words inspired me to make.
I stamped the moon using To The Moon stamp and die set from Altenew - using 3 different shades of grey for the multi-stamp moon on white card - Limestone, Silver Stone and Industrial Diamond all by Altenew and then sponged over it with Ranger Distress Fossilized Amber, more on the edges and less toward the center.
I sponged the background panel with Ranger Distress Inks in Wilted Violet, Broken China, Blueprint Sketch.
I created the night cityscape using City Scene Stencil by Altenew - sponging it with Blueprint Sketch Ink, shifting the stencil over and down and sponging again with Black Soot.

I flicked water over the panel to make the splatter, glued on tiny star sequins and the Small Talk Sticker.  The moon is popped up on foam dots.

I was going to trim down the panel and adhere it to a black panel - but I didn't want to define the edges of the universe!  So I just adhered the 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panel to a white card base.

Please join us this month at Words 2 Craft By and show us what these words inspire you to create!  You'll find all the details of the challenge here.

I'm also linking my card to:
TIME OUT Challenges
inspired by MOON



Stamps:  To the Moon - Altenew
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Limestone, Silver Stone, Industrial Diamond - Altenew, Ranger Distressed Fossilized Amber Wilted Violet Broken China, Blueprint Sketch, Black Soot.
Accessories:  City Scene Stencil, To the Moon Die Set - Altenew, Small Talk Stickers - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, star sequins Nautical Sparkle/Little Things - Lucys Cards, foam dots. 

14 comments:

sandie said...

Congrats on GD and I adore your idea of not wanting to define the edge of the universe! There is so much I like about this card. The shades on the moon and the way you made this pop. The perfectly blended night sky and those sweet white splatters and tiny stars but have to say it is the skyline that caught my eye, what a creative way to build this up. One amazing card and so pleased to see you at Time Out and thank you for commenting on my card x

maria f. said...

Such a lovely card. That moon is mesmerizing and steals the show. As it should!

Christine Alexander said...

Congrats on your guest designer post, I love your skyline and that great moon.

Susan said...

What a fabulous card! I love that beautiful sky and the two-toned cityscape. The moon is gorgeous and the little star sequins are the perfect embellishment. Congratulations on being Guest Designer!

Mac Mable said...

Love how you didn't cut down the edges and left them open to the infinity of the universe x Marvellous card with a fabulous background and a sensational moon x

Bonnie said...

Wow! Congratulations, Julia! Love this moon and the nighttime sky and the awesome skyline!

Sybrina K said...

Julia, This card is just sooooo pretty and such a sweet interpretation of our Words 2 Craft By theme! And, I can't tell you how much I love that gorgeous moon against that brilliant sky. Thanks again for guesting this month at W2CB. We did a major happy dance when you accepted our invitation. :)

Kim Heggins said...

WOW....this is one over the top gorgeous card! Just love your night sky!

Anita in France said...

The depth you created on the cityscape is fantastic, Julia ... and what a stunning moon ... the glow is just brilliant! Congratulations on your GD spot! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Darnell said...

Congratulations on being the GD for W2CB, sis! Your inspiration card is fantastic! I love the night sky and cityscape, but I especially love how you put the emphasis on the moon to commemorate this magical time in our history!! Hugs, Darnell

Celeste Goff said...

Love your beautiful card Julia! I almost used that exact stamp set for my card...to funny!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a fantastic card, Julia. Ad you have enabled my craft shopping addiction for stamp bundle and stencil. I love your beautifully crafted night sky. Wonderful ink colors for the moon. Love the sprinkling of stars and that sentiment is fabulous too. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Time Out!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Congrats on the GD spot, Julia!
The sponged and splattered night sky background is amazing, but your moon is out of this world! I can't believe you made this by just layering stamps and sponging. The sentiment strip (words and layout) is perfect too.
Hideko xx

Lynn said...

I love the gorgeous skyline and background you've created. So gorgeous!

Thank you for playing with us at Time Out!