Saturday, July 13, 2019

Talk to the Moon

I'm joining in again with the Lavinia World Challenges, which is always anything goes and you can win a gift certificate to Lavinia World.
I used one of the lovely Scene Scape panels Misty Morning for my background,  Talk to the Moon Sentiment Stamp and this beautiful Winterland Fairy die by Poppy stamps -  all sold at Lavinia World. 

I die cut one fairy out of black card and the wings and two more fairies out of vellum paper.  I adhered the wings to the back of the black fairy and layered her under the moon with foam dots.  I adhered the vellum fairies in the tree with Multi Medium Matte.  I stamped the sentiment on a white strip an adhered it onto the panel under the fairies foot.

I'm not usually a fantasy kind of girl - but I'm loving all of these Lavinia World stamps, dies and papers, I think its the whimsy of them that appeals to me!

I'm linking to the following challenges:




Stamps:  Talk to the Moon - Lavinia Stamps
Paper:  White, True Black, Vellum - Papertrey Ink, Scene Scapes Misty Morning - Lavinia Stamps.
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Winterland Fairy Die - Poppy Stamps, foam dots, Multi Medium Matte.

15 comments:

Bonnie said...

All these elements work beautifully together, Julia! I love the feeling of movement you've achieved with the vellum die cuts. I feel like I've watched this graceful fairy as she flitted in!

sandie said...

Wow Julia, what a great background paper, I had to follow your link to check it was a paper-how gorgeous this is! And you used it to perfection. I adore the fairy in the black and the vellum, really finishes off the scene. I am also not a fantasy person but these papers and thus die just make you want to be. So pleased you made this and shred with us at Time Out

Kim Heggins said...

Lovely card....your sweet ballerina is stunning against your beautiful moon.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Julia! I love this card! My favorite part is your concept - showing how she is grounded in her dancing, yet her soaring spirit is lifted upward as she continues her dance! It's lovely! Such a pleasure to see your pretty card at Lavinia World Challenges. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Lori Kobular said...

Love that Winter Fairy cut out in black and vellum! Your card is so enchanting! Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous under the moon fairies scene, Julia. I love your choice of colors and sentiment too. I agree, the fairies are quite whimsical. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Susan said...

Beautiful fairy scene!! Love the colours of your background and moon. And love the way you did the three fairies with the black cardstock and vellum!

Loll said...

Fabulous card, Julia. I love how you've created a sense of movement with the three fairies, as if she is just landing. So very cool! xx

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

Julia- just wow! This is absolutely stunning! Thank you for crafting with us at Lavinia World- Vicki DT

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful scene you have created, so very pretty and whimsical x

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow...how gorgeous.
x Karen

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is a gorgeous card - so interesting and imaginative. I love the color pallate and your beautiful moon. Thanks so much for sharing another of your beauties at Time Out.

MariLynn said...

Love how your card looks. It is gorgeous!!

Lynn said...

The beautiful silhouette images are amazing. Love the way you used vellum for them!

Thank you for playing with us at Time Out!

Sybrina K said...

Awwwww, Julia.... This is gorgeous! Those black and vellum cuts against that beautiful background is stunning. Thanks again for joining us as a guest designer for our moon-landing-inspired W2CB Challenge. :)