Saturday, July 27, 2019

Paradise Found!

I have another project to share using some of Eileen Hull's new products -  House Ornament Die from Sizzix and 3 of her new Molten Dimensions Embossing Powders from Emerald Creek.

My project was inspired by the Inspiration Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers today -  hostess Brenda shared one of her Pinterest Boards - Needle Minders.

I was inspired by this Needle Minder.  

I made an ATC using one made of MDF that I purchased at Top Flight Stamps.

The little beach cottage is part of Eileen's House Ornament Die - the little house is used for a tag on her bigger house ornament.  I colored it by sponging her  Bay color Blends2 Ink onto the matboard house.  After it was dry I drew the clapboard lines on with a Gray Copic. I adhered a piece of yellow cardstock behind the windows and drew around two edges of each window with a yellow Copic to create shadow.   I added an enamel star from Altenew at the peak and tiny shells (from Sanibel Island!) along the bottom.  The sentiment is a Small Talk/Occasions Sticker.
I used an electric pancake griddle set at 300* to emboss the ATC.   Check out this post of mine that shows more photos and details about embossing with a griddle!  This technique works well with Eileen's Molten Dimensions as they are very coarse.

Basically, I laid my craft mat onto the heated griddle, put the ATC on the mat and added a thick coat of Eileen's Glistening Glass as a base.  When that was melted (just a couple of minutes!) I added Eileen's Molten Dimensions in White Wonder, Aqua Splash and Golden Rod.  After they melted (another few minutes!) I swirled the colors with a pick
 (the powders stick a little to the pick but can be easily broken off the pick when they harden)

Please check out Eileen's blog where she is posting her Inspiration Team's projects using her new products this month!

I'm linking my ATC to:
Blues and Greens




Paper: little sizzles Matboard - Sizzix, ATC MDF - That's Crafty (Top Flight Stamps)
Ink: Bay Color Box Blends 2 - Eileen Hull/Clear Snap
Accessories: House Ornament Die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Molten Dimensions White Wonder, Aqua Splash, Golden Rod, Glistening Glass - Eileen Hull/Emerald Creek, craft mat, electric pan, Small Talk Stickers -Idea-ology, Copics N2, YR21, tiny shells from beach, enamel star - Altenew

11 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What an awesome technique.

Christine Alexander said...

Julia this is so beautiful, I love that molten technique :)

Bonnie said...

A sweet beach cottage, Julia

nancy littrell said...

Love your faux enamel ATC Coin beach scene for your beach cottage, Julia. So much dimension, texture and wonderful colors for your finished ATC. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Miriam said...

great project. Thanks for joining in with the Country View Crafts challenge

sandie said...

my goodness Julia what a super background-it looks amazing. I love the way the gold blends into the blue in such an arty way. And I so adore the way you created the shadow in the windows. It is a joy to see you so much at Time Out x

Gerrina said...

This looks so dreanmy and has sumer written all over it! Great technique...have to read the original post to understand it completely... Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Teresa said...

What a beautiful project! Thanks so much for joining in the Challenge at CVC. Good luck and hope to see you again. Teresa (DT) x

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... this is AMAZING, Julia! I love your molten background. You've created the sweetest beach scene with that adorable beach hut. LOVE the addition of the shells! xx

Joyce said...

This is really wonderful. I love the sweet background you created, and there is so much beauty and interest in your small project. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Corrie Herriman said...

A great project ! Thanks for joining my challenge at Country View Challenges ! Corrie x