Sunday, July 21, 2019

Eileen Hull's Sizzix Gift Card Folder Die - An Evening to Yourself

A week ago, I posted a project using Eileen Hull's new House Ornament and this week I'm back using her 2nd new die - Gift Card Folder and Label #2.  Eileen's Inspiration Team is creating all month with these new dies and Eileen will gather all the projects on her blog - so be sure to check it out!
The tag piece fits inside and you can either stamp a sentiment on it - as I did - or you can actually slip a gift card under that tab at the top of the tag.  These stamps are from a set called Gift Card It - by Waltingmouse (unfortunately out of business now)
Here's how the folder looks from the back.
The folder is about 3/8" deep so you could put several tags inside it, a little folder, photos, etc!
I have a few process photos to share with you as well.
I colored the front and back of the folder piece (cut from matboard) using Eileen's new Color Box Blends 2.  Beach for the outside......
Leaf on the inside.  
I love using this method of mixing some of the thick ink on my craft mat, spritzing with water and then pouncing the watery mix on with a sponge.  It results in a great splatter look with light and dark shades of the same ink!
I used the same patterned paper on the tag piece that I used on my Cottage by the Beach.  I love how summery it looks and it coordinated with the inks perfectly!
I die cut two of the medium and small petals from Eileen's Pansy Flower die, sponged over them with her Clear Color Box Blends to serve as an adhesive for her new White Wonder Molten Dimensions embossing powder.  I didn't want to have the powder cover the complete petal so I could add color with some inks after I melted the powder.
I sponged on the inks in the same manner as the folder - mixing with water and pouncing with a sponge.  I love the way the color only soaked in where there wasn't any embossing powder.
I layered the 4 pieces of the flower over one another and held them together with a clear light green flower brad from my stash.  Another perfect match!  I adhered it a little off center 
(I don't always like things lined up perfectly!)
A nice little gift package.
This would be a fun and welcome gift for new parents don't you think?!  The gift of babysitting for them and it could also include a gift card to a restaurant or movie.




Stamps:  Gift Card It - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Paper:  White Little Sizzles Matboard - Sizzix, water color paper - Canson, DP Clouds and Grass Paper Pad - JoAnn.
Ink:  True Black - PTI, Clear Color Box Blends, Beach and Leaf Color Box Blends 2.
Accessories:  Gift Card Folder and Label #2 Die, Pansie Flower Die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, White Wonder Molten Dimensions Eileen Hull/Emerald Creek, heat tool, craft mat, water mister, sponge, flower brad, Tombow Glue, foam dots.

5 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

love the way you made your backgrounds for the gift card holders :)

Bonnie said...

What an awesome way to give a gift card or gift of tags, Julia! I love the look of the pounced paint. I hope I can remember that and give it a try.

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely beautiful and love the gift idea and the design is wonderful x

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia, I love this little box gift! The paper looks wet - it has so much dimension!
Hugs!!

eileen hull said...

So pretty- love these colors! I have to try using the powder as a resist- cool effect <3 Thanks for creating with my products Julia!