Monday, April 22, 2019

Three Little Notebooks - Eileen Hull's New Sizzix Notebook Die

Today I'm sharing 3 projects I made using Eileen Hull's fun new Sizzix Notebook Die!
It has JUST been released.
I made 3 little Notebooks -  an Address Book, a Travel Book and a Photo Book.  Each theme was inspired by the papers that I bought at Joann when I was shopping for design ideas!

They are easy peasy to assemble once you've decided on the purpose for your notebook!
All of them were made in the same basic way.
Here are a few photos of how I put them together.
I die cut the Notebook out of matboard and then cut two panels 8" x 5" out of patterned paper to cover the inside and outside of it.  For the pages I cut 15 panels of kraft card, each 7" x  4 3/4" and folded them all in  half to make 3 signatures of 5 pages each. 
(which when folded makes 10 pages in each signature!)
 I glued the paper to the front and back of the Notebook, smoothing the paper over the matboard and then folding them at the binding area and smoothing again where any 'pull aways' might have happened! Sometimes you have to trim a little off the edges after it dries if they don't quite match up!
  I tied 3 pieces of round elastic cord around the middle of the notebook - knotting them on the inside.  I slipped a signature under each of the elastics to hold them in the Notebook.
 Here is how it looks on the outside
 I die cut 26 small tags using Eileen's Credit Card Sleeve and tags die and stamped each one with a letter of the alphabet.
 I adhered one tab to each page. 
 Here's the view from the back.  I added a kraft border piece to the edge of the front and back. 
 Not only is that a design look - but also covers up any white showing if the patterned paper doesn't quite cover the matboard edge!
 I added a piece of white round elastic cord as a closure for the journal - knotting it around the binding cords so it won't fall off when untied!
The next two Notebooks were made pretty much in the same way as the first one above.

I used some fun camper paper (a nod to Eileen's camper Scotty!) for my Travel Notebook. I die cut the word 'travel' from Journaling Words for the cover.
 I cut some credit card pieces from Credit Card Sleeve and tags to use on a couple of the pages (shown below)
 I used two signatures in this Notebook, again using kraft paper cutting 8 pieces 7" x 4 3/4"and folding in half.  Each signature has 8 pages (4 folded in half)
 I again used a piece of white round elastic cord for the closure, knotting it around the bindings.  I added strips of colored cardstock on the edges.
 I slipped an Idea-ology map panel into this Credit Card sleeve (trimmed down) and added an 
Idea-ology 'play' Flashcard to the front.
On another page is a vintage Idea-ology Photo Booth photo slipped into a Credit card sleeve as well as an Idea-ology Pocket Card envelope and Idea-ology 'friend' Flashcard layered on the front.
 My third Notebook is for photos - using this fun camera patterned paper adhered to the inside and outside of the Mini Album die cut out of matboard.
On this album, when I folded it after adhering the pattern paper - the paper split along the binding as I had let it dry too much before bending it at the scoring (just the paper split not the matboard) -  so I  added a piece of black card stock to cover the binding area.  I added this cute photo of my 5 year old grandniece Mila enjoying an ice cream cone last summer framed in a die cut Polaroid Frame. 
I added a black round elastic cord as a closure on this album - knotting it through the binding.
I just added one signature of 4 white pages cut to 7" x 4 3/4" and folded in half - 8 total pages.
 A final view of my 3 little Notebooks! Pretty quick to cut and assemble!
These 3 Notebooks will also fit quite nicely inside of Eileen's new Treasure Box Die - a great way to keep them all together! 

Check out Eileen's blog all month where she is gathering all of the notebook projects created by the Inspiration Team!

I'm linking my Address Book to:



Address Book
Stamps:  Karen Foster Snap Stamps Alphabet - retired
Paper:  matboard, Kraft Paper Stack - Joann's, Ocean Tides - Papertrey Ink, Houses DP American Crafts - Joann's.
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Mini Album Die, Credit Card Sleeve and Tags Dies - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, round elastic cord - Joann's, Tombow Glue, Word Window Punch - SU, Zutter Corner Rounder.

Travel Notebook
Paper:  matboard, Kraft Paper Stack - Joann's, Hibiscus Burst and True Black - Papertrey Ink, Camper DP American Crafts - Joann's, DP Bitty Big Blueberry Sky - Papertrey Ink.
Accessories:  Mini Album Die, Journaling Words, Credit Card Sleeve and Tags Dies - Eileen Hull/Sizzix,  Photo Booth, Flash Cards, Pocket Cards - Idea-ology, round elastic cord - Joann's, Tombow Glue, Word Window Punch - SU, Zutter Corner Rounder

Photo Notebook
Stamps: Karen Foster Snap Stamps Alphabet - retired
Paper:  matboard, white and True Black - Papertrey Ink, Camera's  DP American Crafts - Joann's.
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Mini Album - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Polaroid Photo Frame Die - Jillian Vance, round black elastic cord, Word Window Punch - SU, Tombow Glue, ScorTape, Zutter Corner Rounder.

9 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Julia, now you have me searching for the dies. i love this little book and such a fun project. Thanks for the inspiration :)

HMax said...

Julia, these are totally adorable little books! The paper you chose looks great and they all look so well together. Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing with us at Mini Album Makers!

~ Heather

Bonnie said...

This little notebook looks fun and useful, Julia! Thanks for sharing all the details!

Mac Mable said...

What a treat....So creative, unique and made with love......You are so very talented and thank you for the step by steps x x

Redanne said...

Three wonderful journals Julia! I love the papers you found, they suit your themes perfectly. The way you created the dividers for the address book is a great idea (and one I may borrow) and works so well. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Mini Album Makers! Hugs, Anne xx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! I think all three of these are absolutely fantastic, Julia! I'm inspired to make a travel journal for an upcoming trip. It's seems like I get more journaling done when I actually have a prepared book to put things into! You are so inspiring!

Loll said...

Your three little notebooks are fantastic, Julia! Love the design and the patterned papers you've used for each subject. Wonderful keepsakes! xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a fabulous themed creation Julia, those credit cards dies are one of my favourite sets of the moment and invaluable for these journals. Such a pleasure to see this marvellous creation shared over at Mini Album Makers, thank you so much for joining in with our April Challenge.
Creative Wishes Tracey (DT)

sarascloset said...

Julia, I have fallen in love with this notebook die after seeing a project by Kathy Clement, and now my love is renewed three times over! Can I just say you are an over achiever! Ha! Ha! Love the tabbed booklet design and all those sweet papers you've used! Well done, you! Hugs!