Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Framed Poppies

Today I have a card to share that I made for two challenges -  Sunday's Featured Stamper challenge over at Splitcoaststampers and the April CAS Watercolour Card Challenge.
I CASEd a card of Angie's (stampinhappy on SCS) that had a poppies image on it and the CAS Watercolour challenge is to use poppies - so I hit two challenges with one card!

It seems I only have two poppy stamps in my vast array of floral stamps in my craft room!??
Today I used a two stamp set from Rubbernecker aptly called Watercolor Poppies for my card.  I put the flower piece in my Stamp Platform and colored the areas on the stamp with Ranger Distress Markers -Festive Berries on the poppies, Forest Moss on the leaves and Gathered Twigs on the stems.  I spritzed the stamp with water and pressed it against a panel of watercolor paper.

I dried the panel with my heat tool and then positioned the outline stamp over the colored image, put the outline stamp on the Stamp Platform, inked it in black and pressed it over the panel.
This is a great way to watercolor a stamp if your not adept at regular watercoloring ie. with water and paint (which I am NOT although I'm trying to learn!) 

I die cut the panel using the medium frame from Pierced Feature Frames: Rectangles from PTI (they are presently on sale!).  Then I layered the outer frame on foam dots onto a white card base and adhered the inside panel inside the frame.

Also Linking my card to:

watercolors

Use some kind of Water
I 'inked' my stamp with Distress Markers and spritzed with water







Stamps:  Water Color Poppies - Rubbernecker
Ink:  Hero Hues Black
Paper:  Water color - Canson, White - PTI
Accessories:  Ranger Distress Markers Festive Berries, Forest Moss, Gathered Twigs,  Stamp Platform - Tonic, water mister, heat tool, Pierced Feature Frames: Rectangles - PTI, foam dots.

9 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful watercolouring Julia and love your frame in frame die cutting.

Loll said...

WOW! Gorgeous card Julia! LOVE the poppies and how you've die-cut and layered it so the image is "spilling" over the edge onto the frame. Beautiful design and beautifully watercoloured poppies! xx

Susan said...

Love the way you've framed those gorgeous poppies! A fabulous card - thanks for making it for CAS Watercolour!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Brilliant design and beautifully coloured! I love the 'over-lapping'! Thanks for sharing at CAS Watercolour:)

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous poppies...love that beautiful red!

Bonnie said...

I love the way you've cut these beautiful poppies, Julia! Very artsy and fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful artsy CAS card and love the water colour effect....such a striking card x.

Arlene said...

Beautiful card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our April challenge of using something with water such as rain, lake, ocean, streams, a dot of water on a petal, anything like that.

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us at Die Cut Divas and I hope to see many more of your beautiful creations soon :)