Thursday, April 11, 2019

Three Giraffes x 2

I am once again attempting to play along with Darnell's Twofer challenge - which this month is Zoo Animals!  These instructions always throw me for a loop!
I used a really funny giraffe stamp from Technique Tuesday called Attitude Giraffes on both cards.

I dropped Glossy Accents on the sunglasses (which you can't see too well here).  The sentiment is from What's Up by Avery Elle.
For my Twofer - I stamped the Attitude Giraffes on patterned paper and die cut it with a Circle Nestability and framed it in a Pinked Edge Nestability.  I added Eerie Eyes from Doodlebug and brushed over all the giraffes with Clear Glitter Wink of Stella (not showing in photo!). The birthday sentiment is from Party Animal by Avery Elle.

To be sure I made each card a different design, I enlisted the help of two sketch challenges!

For my It's Been Too Long card I'm linking to:
I tweaked the sketch a tad since my image was a long rectangle

For my You Party Animal card I'm linking to:
I used the sketch as well as the colors from the photo



It's Been Too Long
Stamps:  Attitude Giraffes - Technique Junkies, What's Up - Avery Elle.
Paper:  White, Kraft, Dark Chocolate - PTI, DP Enchanted - Authentique.
Ink:  Wendy Vecchi Archival Orange Blossom, True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Pierced Feature Frames: Rectangles - PTI, Glossy Accents.

You Party Animal
Stamps:  Attitude Giraffes - Technique Tuesday, Party Animal - Avery Elle.
Paper:  White, New Leaf - PTI, DP Rainbow Bright - Sunny Studio.
Ink:  Hero Hues Black, True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Nestability Circles and Pinked Circles, Clear Glitter Wink of Stella, Eerie Eyes - Doodlebug Designs.

16 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Your rocked those giraffes ... love it.

Loll said...

Great cards Julia! LOVE your giraffes with attitude! The sunglasses cracked me up! Two fun designs with lots of fun patterns. Polka-dots are the best! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

Cathy said...

You had me at giraffes lol! I love them, what a great stamp and I love how you've used them in the twofer, Cathy x

Bonnie said...

What a fun stamp, Julia! These giraffes make me laugh, especially the party animal with the googly eyes! Two fun cards!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my gosh, these are the cutest ever. I love both sentiments you used and the giraffes are adorable and the polka dots are so fun.

Susan said...

Those giraffes are so much fun!! Love their sunglasses (and the googly eyes on one of them) - and also love all the polka dot and striped papers you used.

Darnell said...

I think you're pulling my leg, sis! You've been doing this a very long time so you know how to make two different designs using the same stamp, lol! In fact, I've learned from you many times! You've also used one of my little tricks when my own design skills are balking ~ using a sketch challenge for guidance! You rocked the other challenges as well as ours with your fun rock 'n roll giraffes! Love the punny sediment on your first and the bright and festive dots and stripes on your second! (Those eyeballs are everything!) Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #15! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

What a great stamp with two different designs and purposes... you aced this challenge! The sentiment for each is perfect, but I especially love the "it's been too long" with those long-necked giraffes. Too funny! And those eyes! There's one goofball in every crowd, isn't there? Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer!

Mac Mable said...

So clever and so creative to use this fun stamp in two different ways and what a fabulous image it is x

Barbara said...

You have really made the same stamp look so different and funny too. Thanks for joining in the fun at Seize the Birthday Challenge, Anything Goes.
Barbara, DT

Jen Mitchell said...

Great job combining challenges. Those giraffes are too funny! I love the combination of colors and patterns too. So bold! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun giraffe trio and I love how you used it, Julia! Especially love the big eyes on card two - really gave me a chuckle!!

Anita in France said...

Well, these long necked guys are so cool in their shades, Julia ... and the sentiment had me chuckling ... what a great choice! You turned them beautifully into party animals set against the playful stripes and polka dots ... those eyes are fantastic ... and so fun ... think he might have been partying for a while!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love these giraffes! This image is soooo cool and I love how you've used it on your cards. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Kara Lynne said...

What a riot! I love those giraffes and their shades! So clever with the eye stickers, I had to laugh! What a great idea to use two different sketches! It's a perfect way to play in three challenges and both designs are fantastic! I love your "African safari colors on your first card, and the festive rainbow of colors on your second! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are so well designed and delightful. Sure made me smile.