Wednesday, April 10, 2019

A Unicorn Birthday for Madelyn

Today is my sweet youngest Grand Niece, Madelyn's birthday.  She is 5 years old and she shares her birthday with my maternal grandmother Lilla May Mulryan Chase who was born in 1887! (Madelyn's Great Great Grandmother!)
As part of her birthday presents from Kent and me,  I made her a reveal wheel card and a little die cut felt Unicorn (her favorite creature at the moment!)
I used the Unicorn die from Neat and Tangled for my little stuffed unicorn.  I die cut the pieces out of felt, used a running stitch to sew the pieces together and stuffed it with little pieces of cotton balls! 
Below you can see the sparkle added to the unicorn where I brushed over the colors with Clear Glitter Wink of Stella.  I used Tombow Markers to color the areas.
I used the Reveal Wheel dies from Lawn Fawn to cut all the wheel pieces.  Lawn Fawn has a great tutorial on YouTube showing all the simple steps in putting the pieces together.
The words in the windows are from Reveal Wheel Sentiments.
The unicorn and MAGICALsentiment along the bottom are from Magical Day by Neat and Tangled. The Wishing You and Birthday are from the Reveal Wheel Sentiments set.  
I used the Magical Day die to cut the unicorn and popped her up on foam dots. 

Here are the 4 words revealed as Madelyn turned the wheel.
I used my Brother Label maker for the personalization.

I'm linking my card to:

I used pop dots on the unicorn and on the reveal wheel
I used a two unicorn dies and a reveal wheel die

Stamps:  Magical Day - Neat and Tangled, Reveal Wheel Sentiments - Lawn Fawn
Paper:  white, Hibiscus Burst, DP Bitty Big Berry Sorbet - PTI
Ink:  Hero Hues Black
Accessories:  Unicorn Die and Magical Day die - Neat and Tangled, Reveal wheel Die - Lawn Fawn, foam dots, tiny brad, Tombow Markers, Clear Glitter Wink of Stella.

9 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Madelyn is beautiful and so precious! Happy Birthday to her! Your card and the adorable unicorn are fantastic! Lovely creations, Julia! I am sure she will love both!

Christine Alexander said...

Adorable Julia, I'm sure she'll love the card and the felt unicorn is so sweet :)

Loll said...

First of all ... Madelyn is BEAUTIFUL ... and she's growing up so fast! AMAZING card and stuffed unicorn for her Julia! You know exactly what will make her happy! Love the reveal wheel card and what a lovely keepsake stuffed unicorn. Great work, my friend! xx

Bonnie said...

What a fun card and gift for beautiful Madelyn, Julia! I know she will LOVE it!

nancy littrell said...

Madelyn is going to love her very special magical wheel card and sweet unicorn. Another very special made with love and creativity gifts from her favorite great Auntie and Uncle:-) TFS Julia. Hugs..Nancy

Mac Mable said...

So creative, so girly, so unique and love the felt unicorn and that amazing card.....she no doubt loved them? x

sandie said...

Julia, this is both adorable and so very creative. I love the colours you used and the way the wheel works will be so much fun! To acctually make the felt unicorn is so creative and special. Thanks for joining us at Ink

Kim Heggins said...

What a sweet gift...love your fabulous card too, so much fun!

Helen said...

I am sure Madelyn just loved this gorgeous card, unicorn combination you have created, Julia! They are just stunning and a super clever idea allowing you to personalise everything! I try to do that too. I always feel it makes thing that little bit more special! Thank you for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies Challenge this month!