Friday, April 5, 2019

Consider the Lilies

There's a fun technique challenge over on the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge blog this month!  
I was intrigued as I don't think I have ever heard of Layered Stamping with Heat Embossing??!! 
I used the technique Jennifer McGuire shows on this video that was linked to over on the CAS Mix Up Blog:  Layered Heat Embossing.  There are other links posted at CAS Mix Up as well.
I just purchased the older PTI stamp and die sets called Lilies of the Field and it just happened to have 4 stamps for each lily - so it was perfect for this challenge!
 I die cut the lily and stem out of kraft card.  I white embossed the first layer of stamp, then I used yellow on the 2nd layer and tree branch on the third little center piece there.   I stamped the final stamp (the stamens) in black ink .
I die cut the PTI oval frame out of Kraft card as well as a dotted vellum (the inside of the circle - can you see the dots?  It's pretty subtle.).   I gold embossed the sentiment from Garden of Faith Sentiments.  I popped up the outside frame as well as the lily blossom on foam dots.
ETA:  Another photo I took with my phone in the sunlight - hopefully showing the dotted vellum?!

Inside I stamped:  
& how much more he cares for you - from the Lilies of the Field set
HAPPY Easter -  from  Easter Alleluias 

So this was a fun new technique learned and now I want to try it out with other stamps I have that have multiple layers!

I'm linking my card to:

April Easter/Spring

Stamps:  Lilies of the Field, Garden of Faith Sentiments - PTI
Paper:  White, Kraft, Sheer Basics Pattern Pack Vellum - PTI
Ink:  Versamark, Classic Kraft - PTI, Black Hero Hues.
Accessories:  Pierced Feature Frames: Ovals, Lilies of the Field Die Set - PTI, foam dots, Antique Gold Embossing Powder - Altenew.

13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

You sure have nailed this new to you technique Julia. What a pretty die cut Lily and love the layering of the embossing powders. Great colour combination, great design and the vellum with the dots looks so pretty. Fabulous CAS card with a stunning technique ....Love it x Thanks for joining in the fun CAS Mix Up Challenge x

Jo said...

Beautiful neutrals in this medallion card, and such elegance too! Layered stamping is tricky, but you’ve done this lily proud, bravo!
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xxx

Christine Alexander said...

This technique really intrigues me. I love the effect you got with the delicate Lilly and that perfect frame.

Loll said...

Perfect timing to receive your layered lily stamp set, Julia. Your stamp layering and heat embossing turned out perfect on your lily! Great work! I love the kraft oval frame. Can't see the dots on the vellum, but can imagine how pretty it is in real life. Isn't it fun learning all these new techniques??!! xx

Susan Joyce said...

Love your gorgeous lily card Julia so perfect for the challenge. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up this month.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Lily stamped embossed and layered flower, Julia. How fun to have the perfect new set for the technique. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful layered lily, Julia! I love how you've built up the colors and all that embossed texture! A wonderful, uplifting sentiment too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely stunning! Love your gorgeous Easter lily.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a lovely lily you made, using the layered heat-embossing technique, Julia! I'm so impressed that you layered FOUR beautifully in such tiny space!! I would have melted the first and/or second layers by the time I layer the 4th one. (I know because I did it...)
Great choice of the background - the sublet dotted vellum adds interest and elegance. I always enjoy seeing your cards in the CAS Mix Up gallery!
Hideko xx

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How pretty this is, and what an interesting technique! TFS. Hugs, Anne

Jane said...

Such a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining our Easter/Spring challenge over at Country View xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely card ! Thank you for joining our April Challenge over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Jo said...

Amazing, 4 layers? This technique was a challenge for me but you hit it right on,wow. Love the design and the softness of this delightful card. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Mix Up! xx