Friday, April 12, 2019

Elves for Christmas

I always get my Christmas cards done early so that I can enjoy the wonderful Christmas season.  
So I'm also always looking for the monthly Christmas blog challenges for inspiration!
Here are two cards I made using the same Elf stamp but with different hats and using different colors and die cuts.   
The stamps are from Jolly Old Elf from Waltzingmouse which unfortunately closed several years ago. 
I used the Pierced Feature Frames:Ovals from PTI for this one and added clear Tiny Twinkles as the berries for the mistletoe on the end of the elf's hat as well as on the sentiment strip.
I actually made the purple card below first - but wasn't completely happy with it - not really sure why - so I then made the green one!  Then I thought, "I guess I do like the purple one too!"  So here they both are!

The elf body and the hats are separate stamps (there's one more hat in the set, more like a Santa hat) so for the purple elf,  I stamped and cut out the hat and adhered it over the Bold Borders Diagonal die from PTI.  I added Cherry Ice Stickles to the boot cuffs, belt and hat for a little sparkle!

 I'm linking my cards to:
anything goes


Stamps:  Jolly Old Elf - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Paper:  white, Limeade Ice - PTI
Ink:  Fern Green - Wendy Vecchi Blendable Die Ink, Plum Pudding - PTI
Accessories:  Pierced Feature Frames: Ovals, Bold Borders: Diagonal Die - PTI, foam dots, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, Cherry Ice Stickles.

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a cool elf stamp, Julia! I love him in green and framed with the pierced oval! I also love the purple elf with his glittered accessories and die cut background! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Linda said...

What a unique elf stamp. Makes the card seem more elegant. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Christine Alexander said...

Love the purple and green elves thye are so cute, the non traditional colours are great. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas Julia :)

Loll said...

What a great elf!! He looks great in both colours, Julia! So fun to change out the hats! :) Great designs. The pierced oval is such a beautiful way to frame your image. Same goes for the diagonal stripe boder. I think I have to go shopping at PTI! :) x

Susan said...

I too prefer the green one - I think because it's the colour I most often associate with elves.

Mac Mable said...

What a useful elf stamp and what wonderful CAS Christmas cards x

SmilynStef said...

How cute is that little guy ... love both color combos

Jackie C said...

Love them both! This has come together beautifully!
Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ TH&TI

Brenda in IN said...

He is definitely a Santa Elf with the beard. I like both colors and the framing on both cards is great. My favorite thing is that gorgeous Cherry Ice Stickles. Looks so good with that purple.

Marlene Atkinson said...

Super Cute. Thank you for joining us at THIAC Callenge. Marlene