Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Relax with the Seahorse

I'm joining in with the Just Us Girls challenge today where they have this lovely inspiration photo.
My eye immediately saw the seahorse as I had just purchased Sebastian the Seahorse by Lavinia Stamps and was happy to ink it up!  
I inked Sebastian with Versamark and then sprinkled Wendy Vecchi Embossing powders over the stamping in Fern Green, Cornflower Blue and Red Geranium.  I die cut the panel using Shape Shifters: Ovals and the background panel using Bold Borders: Polka Dots both from PTI.  I added a little piece of sea flora cut using Salt Air Flora Die Collection and the sentiment from Flipping Out both from PTI.

I splattered the oval with blue watercolor ink and then watercolored washed over it with the same blue.  I added 3 enamel dots from Altenew.  The oval and sentiment are popped up on foam dots.

I'm also linking my card to:
Toppings Texture - I added texture with die cuts and wet embossing


I was inspired by the photo


Stamps:  Sebastian the Seahorse - Lavinia Stamps, Flipping Out - PTI
Paper:  white, Enchanted Evening - PTI
Ink:  Versamark, True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Shape Shifters: Oval dies, Bold Borders: Polka Dots, Salt Air Flora Die Collection - PTI, Fern Green, Cornflower Blue, Red Geranium Embossing Powders - Wendy Vecchi/Ranger, enamel dots - Altenew, blue water color paint, paint brush, water, foam dots.

8 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh Julia - the seahorse is fantastic! So gorgeous!!!! Now I'm saving up to get more stamps - this one included! Your card is wonderful!

Lindsey said...

This is an absolute WOW - the embossed seahorse is gorgeous A beautiful card. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

Christine Alexander said...

Julia, you have reminded me that I've never inked up my little Sebastian. Thank you for the great inspiration :)

Karren said...

Sebastian the seahorse is just gorgeous and you've made a fabulous card with him, Julia! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

Bonnie said...

Sebastian is perfect for this challenge, Julia! Love how you've colored him and that's a perfect die cut for the background!

Kim Heggins said...

WOW! This is one fabulous card, love your sweet seahorse.

Susan said...

I really love that seahorse - wonderful use of multiple colours of embossing powders!

Loll said...

Such a cool seahorse!! LOVE the image and how you've added different colours of embossing powders, Julia! It's beautiful! xx