Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Three for Luck!

So I need to make some St. Patrick's Day cards for a sale at my church next month -  people mostly buy the chocolate shamrock pops my friend Jeannine makes but some also want to buy cards.

I looked to the challenges out in blog land for inspiration for my designs and, of course I found some!

My first card design was inspired by the February CAS Mix Up Card Challenge.
 The Love Notes die from Reverse Confetti has score lines on it so the edges can be folded up to make the die dimensional - sort of little tray!  I die cut it out of Translucent Alcohol Ink Yupo.  I colored it by pouncing one the new Alcohol Pearl Inks called Sublime onto it.  I stamped the sentiment from Irish Blessings (retired from Waltzingmouse) on a white strip and added a die cut Memory Box clover - both up on foam dots.

My second card was inspired by the Sunday Stamp Challenge.
 I die cut a scallop heart Nestability and layered a die cut clover over it.  I put a strip of washi tape behind it.  I used the Pierced Feature Frame Rectangle die from PTI for the background and framing. The sentiment is another one from Irish Blessings. 
My third card was inspired by the Country View Challenges: Black and White Plus One color.

So this is very similar to my first card above but I stamped the circles on the white card die cut and added a piece of washi tape behind it.   The sentiment is from Irish Blessings and the dots are from Off Beat Backgrounds - both retired from Waltzingmouse.

So now I have 3 St. Patrick's Day cards for my church sale! 

Hinges of Friendship
Stamps:  Irish Blessings - Waltzingmouse (no longer in business)
Paper: White, Pine Feather - PTI, Translucent Yupo - Ranger
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Ranger Alcohol Pearl Ink Sublime, Lucky Leaves Die - Memory Box, Love Notes Die - Reverse Confetti, foam dots.

Slainte
Stamps:  Irish Blessings - Waltzingmouse (no longer in business)
Paper:  White, Simply Chartreuse, Pine Feather - PTI
Ink: True Black - PTI
Accessories: Scalloped Heart Nestability, Lucky Leaves Die - Memory Box, Pierced Feature Frames: Rectangles - PTI, washi tape, foam dots.

May the Road Rise
Stamps:  Irish Blessings - Waltzingmouse (no longer in business)
Paper:  White, New Leaf, True Black- PTI
Ink: True Black - PTI, Ranger Distress Mowed Lawn.
Accessories: Lucky Leaves Die - Memory Box, Love Notes Die - Reverse Confetti, washi tape, foam dots.

12 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Fun Cards Julia, I don't make St Patick's day cards but I do like these :)

Mac Mable said...

Love the black and white and the pop of Irish Green. The love notes die looks so much fun as it does look like a mini tray. Your designs look wonderful Julia and would be interested to know ...Do you like the pearl alcohol inks...Are they going onto my shopping list???? x

Bonnie said...

It's hard to find stuff for St. Patrick's Day cards and you've done very well with these! Fabulous background on the first card! Love the die cut cover and sentiments too!

Heather said...

Very fun cards - so perfect for St Patrick's - love all your sentiments! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

nancy littrell said...

Three fun and original St Patricks Day cards, Julia. They will be very popular at your sale. TFS Hugs.Nancy

Jo said...

St Patty's Trio, such a nice twist to this scalloped die cut. Can't chose, love all three.
Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up! xxx

Loll said...

Three fantastic St. Paddy's Day cards Julia! Love the dimension from your layered die-cuts. Especially love the one where the scored lines let you fold up the sides. Very cool! And I see that I have to go shopping. I didn't know there was translucent Yupo ... and Alcohol Pearl inks. Yep, got to get me some!! Especially the Sublime ... the colours is gorgeous. You are so good at enabling me! xx

Claire Broadwater said...

Fabulous St. Patrick's Day cards! I love the Yupo paper with alcohol inks! They are always so unique! Beautiful sentiments, too! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful cards! Your designs capture St. Patrick' s Day perfectly 😁. Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

Jane said...

Great cards for your sale, thanks for joining our black/white + 1 challenge over at Country View . Have a lovely weekend xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Fun and unique St. Patrick's trio, Julia! Using the Love Notes die for a dimensional main panel is such a clever idea! I love the color and visual texter of the Sublime AI! (I want the new pearl inks!) A great design for the second card and a fantastic use of washi tape for the third card!
Hideko xx

Corrie Herriman said...

The green is a great choice to go with the black and white. Thank you for joining our Challenge at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x