Saturday, February 9, 2019

A Love Pillow

Today I'm joining in with the Card Concept Challenge - they have the perfect image for Valentine inspiration!
I'd say my card design is Clean Layered.
I was inspired by the red love pillow, the stripes in the tan pillow and texture  in the sofa.
I used a red rubber stamp (unknown) for the LOVE, embossing it in white on a red panel.  I added a white die cut heart to the center of the O (in my bits bin left over from a die cut).
I die cut a square out of Soft Stone striped paper and layered it over the red panel with lots of foam dots.  
I embossed a piece of Rustic Cream cardstock with a chevron embossing folder, die cut it with a Wonky Rectangle Nestability (sort of like the pillow shape,  and texture on the sofa), trimmed the outside edges  to fit over my card and layered it on with more foam dots.
This could be a Valentine or an Anniversary card depending on what I stamp inside!

I'm also linking my card to:


Stamps:  Love red rubber stamp - unknown
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy, Rustic Cream, DP Bitty Big Softstone - PTI
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Wow Bright White Embossing Powder, heat tool, Stitched Mats Squares die - Lil Inker Designs, Wonkey Rectangles - Nestabilities/Spellbinders, foam dots, Chevron Embossing Folder - Provocraft.

7 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Julia, beautiful texture with your stencilling, great take on the inspiration photo :)

Mac Mable said...

Great interpretation of the inspiration photo and love how you did the fun pillow with the chevron embossing folder and the wonky rectangle die cut. Fabulous card x.

Bonnie said...

What a clever way to do a pillow on a card, Julia! Love that stamp and the white embossing on the red! Great take on this inspiration photo!

Sandy said...

Very Pretty! Love your frame around the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with our challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous take on the inspiration, Julia ... each element and detail is wonderfully interpreted and brilliantly composed ... rich, stylish, elegant! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Lady Joyful said...

Really lovely design. I like how you framed it. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a pretty card! Love that frame! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!