Friday, February 8, 2019

Hello Circles!

Today I'm playing along with the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge.
I started my card by sponging 3 colors of Distress Ink over a panel of watercolor paper - Salty Ocean, Spiced Marmalade and Candied Apple. Then I laid a handmade circles stencil over the panel and wiped over the circles with a slightly damp baby wipe to remove the ink. Sort of like the look of Bokeh?! 
I white embossed the hello sentiment on a black strip and layered it over the panel with foam dots.. 
While I had out all the supplies for this card, I decided to make another one using the same colors but this time using a Retro Circles Stencil from ARTplorations.  
I sponged over the stencil this time - using Hickory Smoke Distress Ink.  I white embossed the sentiment on a black strip and popped it up on foam dots.
I like how the Spiced Marmalade Distress ink blended with both the blue and red inks to create some green and yellow shades in the middle!  I hope these are considered a clean enough design for the challenge even though they are covered with color.
Stamps:  Ways to Say: Hello Mini Stamp Set, Sentiment Staples: Birthday Mini Stamp Set - PTI
Paper:  White, True Black - PTI, Watercolor paper - Canson.
Ink:  Versamark, Ranger Distress Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Salty Ocean, Hickory Smoke.
Accessories:  Wow Bright White Embossing Powder, form dots,  Retro Circles Stencil - ARTplorations, baby wipe, handmade circles stencil (acetate and circle punch).

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Beautiful blended, warm shades, Julia! Love the Bokeh look!

Christine Alexander said...

Julia I'm loving all those circles. the bokeh effect is gorgeous and those colours are out of this world :)

Redanne said...

You definitely achieved a bokeh look Julia and your colour choices on both cards are so beautiful together! Love these! Hugs, Anne xx

Susan said...

Two beautiful cards - love the variation you got from using two different stencils.

Jen Brum said...

What gorgeous cards! I just love that background! Such rich colours! The dots definitely look bokeh! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Amy O said...

I love the gorgeous colors on these cards, and your stenciled circles add a fabulous touch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Loll said...

Beautiful combination of colours for your blended backgrounds, Julia. Both card are awesome! Love the ghosting with the circle stencil on your first, and the sponged gray on the second. xx