Monday, February 11, 2019

Stars for Two

Today I'm participating in Darnell's Twofer Challenge.
I used the same Seeing Stars Die from Neat and Tangled for my stars but I used the negative piece for one and the positive piece for the other.   That is the only thing that is the same on my cards.
I sponged the watercolor paper panel, that I cut the stars out of, with Ranger Distress Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Broken China and Black Soot.
I stamped tiny stars and cluster stampings around the cut out stars and layered the panel over a piece of Kraft Stack Metallic Silver.   I embossed the sentiment on black using Silver Embossing powder, layered it to a slightly larger metallic silver panel and popped it up on foam dots.
For my Twofer, I cut apart the positive stars from the die cut so I could place them around my sentiment from Impression Obsession.  I layered the stars onto a piece of Bitty Big Lilac Grace patterned paper and added some white and clear sequins.  I stamped a sympathy sentiment on the inside.


We're expecting snow Tuesday night - so glad I'm retired now and don't have to try and get out to work!   But then on Wednesday afternoon it's supposed to get into the 40's and everything will melt.  Crazy weather here in New England this winter!
Birthday Stars
Stamps:  Star Gazer - PTI
Paper:  White, True Black - PTI, Kraft Metallic Silver - Idea-ology/Tim Holtz, Water color paper - Canson.
Ink:  Ranger Distress Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Broken China, Black Soot; Versamark, True Black - PTI.
Accessories:  Seeing Stars die - Neat and Tangled, silver embossing powder, heat tool.

Gentle Thoughts 
Stamps: With Gentle Thoughts - Impression Obsession.
Paper:  White, Winter Wisteria, DP Bitty Big Lilac Grace - PTI, watercolor paper - Canson
Ink:  Ranger Distress Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Broken China, Black Soot; Versamark, Hero Hues Black.  
Accessories:  Seeing Stars Die - Neat and Tangled, Winter Blend Sequins - Avery Elle, Tombow Glue.

10 comments:

Greta said...

Beautiful cards--love them both!

Christine Alexander said...

great use of the die cut stars, two great cards :)

Bonnie said...

You used this starry die to perfection, Julia! The shiny silver makes a very festive birthday card and I love how the blue stars fit around that fantastic sentiment!

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful to get two cards from the positive and negative die cuts. Love both of the very different sentiments and the wonderful designs x Sounds like crazy weather you are having x

Susan said...

Great use of the positive and negative from the die!! I especially love the first one with the gorgeous colours in the sponged background and then layered over silver - what a beautiful combination!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful starry positive and negative card designs, Julia. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous Twofers and I love that you used both the positive and negative of the star die.

Cat Craig said...

Julia, your stars just shine out in the gallery. Love that you used the negative and the positive of your darling die.

Loll said...

The perfect Twofer cards Julia! Great designs using the positive and negative from your wonderful starry backgrounds. Fantastic sentiments on both cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge! I didn't think we were going to get snow this winter as it's been so mild here on the west coast. But the last three days has been nothing but snow. We now have about 12" accumulated. The temps are cold with an artic airflow over us, so no melting in sight. :) I do love the snow! Also happy that I don't have to go out in it, but look seeing it falling. The white blanket over everything creates the most beautiful CAS scene! :) xx

Darnell said...

Very clever and creative to use your positive and negative diecuts for your Twofers, sis! I've never seen that birthday sediment before and I love the swoosh of star through the word "Make!" Also great use of pp for your sympathy card. The weather is weird everywhere. We are getting buckets more rain this week, but I love it. It turns our golden (not!) California hills into brilliant green for a coupla months! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #13! Hugs, Darnell